Rolling Tower Stand - Looking for a good one

Jsalpha2

Limp Gawd
I have been looking for a small rolling stand to keep my largish mid-tower case off the floor. The purpose is to keep dust out and increase air flow. as well as making it easier to roll out to clean. All the ones I find have bad reviews.
Made cheaply, wheels break, to small, etc. I could build one out of scrap lumber and use the wheels off an old office chair, but there must be an easier way. Google, E-Bay and Amazon have not helped me. Can someone point me in the correct direction? Thanks (price range 20 to 40 dollars)

Just buy a set of 4 casters and bolt them directly to the bottom of your case. I've had that feature on my last two cases, and it makes moving it and cleaning things a piece of cake.

If you have access to hand tools and don't want to mod your case to accept casters.

Get yourself a piece of 1/2" or 3/4" plywood for the deck of the thing.

Get yourself of these 4" casters and a few washers.:

Shepherd 4" Threaded Stem Rubber Caster at Menards®

They're MORE than big enough to roll over pretty much ANYTHING.

If you want to get fancy, route out a couple channels on each side of the deck and use ratchet-straps to secure the case to the deck.

Thanks for the ideas. The best I could come up with was modding a skateboard.:)

Thanks for the ideas. The best I could come up with was modding a skateboard.:)

No problem. I blame it on my parents. My father was a general "handyman" guy, mostly because my mother could browbeat him into doing stuff because it was cheaper than hiring someone to do it...
So I got exposed to woodworking, construction, etc real young.

And I also got exposed to lots of "ghetto" solutions helping my father fix stuff up.

Quote "Just buy a set of 4 casters and bolt them directly to the bottom of your case. I've had that feature on my last two cases, and it makes moving it and cleaning things a piece of cake." If you try this you would need to be very careful. , unless the case has holes already in place. If you have to drill the holes; pull everything possible out and make sure all the metal shavings are cleaned up. I'm not sure if super-gluing the casters on would work. On one of my older cases (Antec ?) they sent casters and rubber feet, you got to choose what to snap in place.

Back