Roland DM-20 vs Klipsch 2.1?

lots of people say 2.1 klipsch are way too boomy, and the bass is just generally overpowering, the subwoofer is no work of art thats for sure. Its much more of a gaming speaker than a true music speaker. Now im sure a lot of people will come in here and yell about how klipsch promedias sound totally awesomeszz and they are teh best!1!!, but these people have never listened to a proper pair of home theatre speakers.

so i would get the roland.

edit: WTF!! the rolands cost around $280 at most places! :eek:

the promedia are only $130.. how can they compare?? :confused:

if i were you, i would spend a little more and get the Behringer B2031A, they are absolutely amazing, and i think theyre the best speakers you can get for around $300.

or if $340 is too much, go with these, theyre on sale, and they sound great
http://samash.com/catalog/showitem....=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=

in fact, if you dont want huge bookshelf sized speakers like the behringers, get the m-audio, the price is really REALLY good on these.. everywhere else theyre going for around $300 too!

Do Paradigm Export Monitor reference speakers count as proper home speakers? The Klipsch have a volume control for the bass unit. Turn it down if you find it too boomy.

Gatticus said:
Do Paradigm Export Monitor reference speakers count as proper home speakers? The Klipsch have a volume control for the bass unit. Turn it down if you find it too boomy.

i know they have a volume control for the subwoofer, im just saying theyre overrall too boomy, its not going to deliver clean bass, just slightly less loud bass.

the m-audio would be a way better choice and only cost like $70 more..

OK, I've bookmarked those M-Audio as a possible purchse, thx. Thing is I don't like boomy bass and I don't find the Klipsch bass boomy. I've seen many say the Logitech's have boomy bass though when comparing to Klipsch. Maybe it's the rooms acoustics or even setting a sub under the computer desk can make it sound boomy. I set mine back from the desk a foot or so.

If "boomy" were in the dictionary, there would be a picture of the Logitech logo.

I would go with the Klipsch set, but only because studio monitors are not purpose built for casual listening. The Klipsch PC speakers are designed for general PC gaming/music entertainment.

phide said:
If "boomy" were in the dictionary, there would be a picture of the Logitech logo.

You can say that again. Also, "buzzy" and "crap." And what kind of retard uses paper phase plugs? Oh, wait, those aren't phase plugs...

phide said:
I would go with the Klipsch set, but only because studio monitors are not purpose built for casual listening. The Klipsch PC speakers are designed for general PC gaming/music entertainment.

Seconded. Besides, if you're crazy like me and planning on monitors because you can't stand anything that clips at 20kHz or anything below 24kHz, the Rolands aren't that good anyways.

phide said:

actually in addition to logitech i find a lot of altec lansings stuff really boomy for no damn reason, boomy subs are the WORST

Gatticus said:
OK, I've bookmarked those M-Audio as a possible purchse, thx. Thing is I don't like boomy bass and I don't find the Klipsch bass boomy. I've seen many say the Logitech's have boomy bass though when comparing to Klipsch. Maybe it's the rooms acoustics or even setting a sub under the computer desk can make it sound boomy. I set mine back from the desk a foot or so.

ehh im bothered by even little amounts of boomy bass, so i still recommend the m-audio, sure itsnot going to make super loud explosions during games but i would rather have the great music reproduction

Back