Roku woes

Raife1

n00b
Hello everyone. Hoping someone here can help. I have several issues with my current Roku's that I am struggling with. Set up is as follows:

Path 1 is:

AT&T Fiber at 1Gbps
AT&T gateway
Asus RT-AC3200 Tri-band Wireless Gigabit Router
Roku Ultra connected via Cat6 with manually assigned IP
Denon AVR-X4300H via HDMI
Sony VPL-HW40ES projector via HDMI

Path 2:

AT&T Fiber at 1Gbps
AT&T gateway
Asus RT-AC3200 Tri-band Wireless Gigabit Router
Roku 2 (upgraded version) connected via Cat6 with manually assigned IP
Onkyo RC-260 via HDMI
Samsung 65" via HDMI

NOTE: I do not have dual routers set up (i.e. the AT&T Gateway and the Asus Router). The AT&T unit is just a gateway through the DMZ+ settings.

I have several issues that are driving me insane:
1) Amazon Prime - generally 15-20 minutes into a show or movie (both rented and "free" included with Prime) the show will stop and I get a popup box that says:

"Problem Occured
We are unable to play your video at this time. Please try again in a few minutes or contact Amazon Customer Service at: amazon.com/videohelp.

OK"

2) On the Roku Starz and HBOGO channels the Roku will actually freeze and restart.

3) on Netflix the picture is sometimes "jittery" - this was most noticeable during the show Sherlock

Things I have tried:
1) different Ethernet patch cables
2) different Ethernet ports in the wall
3) different HDMI cables
4) different Rokus (it is how I ended up with the Roku Ultra)
5) wired and wireless connection
6) system updates
7) extensive time with Amazon help desk (I have a special ticket in now- lucky me)
8) uninstalled/reinstalled the apps
9) deregistered/reregistered the Rokus
10) QoS on and off

given it happens across devices I am inclined to think it is something with router...

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Do you have issues when playing viewing Amazon Prime, Starz or HBOGo through a web browser? If you have the same issues then its probably something with your router config.

While not an exhaustive test, I was able to play an hour of Amazon prime in a web browser without issues.

step 1: toss Roku in the trash, buy an nvidia shield.
step 2: celebrate

step 1: toss Roku in the trash, buy an nvidia shield.
step 2: celebrate
I used to own an Nvidia Shield, and the controller de-syncing issue drove me nuts.
Never had that problem with my Roku.

Though my Roku 3 uses too much power at idle, so it gets hot and then doesn't work right sometimes due to the heat, and I need to unplug it for a while for it to cool down...

God damn it. Why can't they make one of these boxes that *just works*

I have seen the slight stutters, on occasion, and all I do is pause the output for 4 seconds and they clear up.

Other than that, I have not had any other issues with either of our Roku's.

I have not had any problems with my Roku Ultra other than the occasional pixelating ( reduced resolution ) on Amazon Prime. It seems that Amazon doesn't have as many servers dedicated to streaming as NetFlix and the other subscription channels. I try not to stream during peak hours and my internet service is a craptacular 30/5. My router is a Linksys WRT1900AC.

Back