Rog Strix X470F Questions

netbrad

Limp Gawd
So I started my new build with this thing and I had a couple of questions.

1. I am running a single graphics card (1660Ti) and was thinking about installing it in the 2nd PCIe slot. All 3 are listed as PCI 16. That would bring the exhaust fans about 3 inches from the bottom of the case (Define R6). However putting it in the first slot puts the back of it close to the CPU and I'm worried about excess heat. Which is the better option?

2. The NVMe cover had some sort of sticky tape on the underside with a "please remove" film. Is this some kind of heat dissipation material? It feels like an adhesive.

So I started my new build with this thing and I had a couple of questions.

1. I am running a single graphics card (1660Ti) and was thinking about installing it in the 2nd PCIe slot. All 3 are listed as PCI 16. That would bring the exhaust fans about 3 inches from the bottom of the case (Define R6). However putting it in the first slot puts the back of it close to the CPU and I'm worried about excess heat. Which is the better option?

2. The NVMe cover had some sort of sticky tape on the underside with a "please remove" film. Is this some kind of heat dissipation material? It feels like an adhesive.

I see this is an older post, but I'll reply anyways.

I just got the same board and have read that the top slot is always faster on most mobos, but didn't look into running my card in the lower slots, but if they're 16x, then I'd prolly do the same as there's really no disadvantage to it despite there probably be a negligible difference in CPU temps.

For the nVME cooler, the "please remove" film is only for the plastic film stuck to the thermal pad, so don't peel off the thermal pad or your cooler won't work at all because it probably won't even contact the SSD without it.

Back