Roctstar Games Week @ D2D (First Title 75% off)

Jagger100

Supreme [H]ardness
Monday - Manhunt 2 - $5.00 (75% off)
Tuesday - ???
Wednesday - ???
Thursday - ???
Friday - ???

Not saying any of these will be on sale but Rockstar Titles Include:

Max Payne Series
Grand Theft Auto Series
Midnight Club Series
Bully
and more...

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4247/

Just a quick FYI that the entire Rockstar pack was just $40 back in May. I anticipate the same again for a holiday sale in the next seven weeks.

Not meant as a threadcrap, just as an FYI of a possibly better deal in the very near future.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4247/

Just a quick FYI that the entire Rockstar pack was just $40 back in May. I anticipate the same again for a holiday sale in the next seven weeks.

Not meant as a threadcrap, just as an FYI of a possibly better deal in the very near future.

Idk. I personally wouldn't have cared for Bully, Midnight or GTA. So grabbing Max Panye would have been my only interest.

And I believe sales like these days are numbered. A lot of makers, because of cash, needed money and needed it now. So they cut to the chase and dropped prices ridiculously low right away. Eventually the economy (or at least these individual companies' cash flows) will recover and it will take forever for these deal to emerge.

I doubt the game packs will disappear. Even at the regular price of $80, that's almost half price of buying the games individually.

But I think these pre-holiday sales are done with purpose: they get you to notice their catalog, and you probably even buy a game or two for $10. Then a few weeks later the entire pack is on sale, and people now also buy that when they realize each game's about $4/game now.

So, the pack was $40, but they really got $50 out of you when you factor in the $5 sales just a few weeks earlier.

They know it's hard to pass-up an entire catalog for $40, regardless of you already owning some of the titles.

But the twice-a-year mega-sales? They might not disappear either. Games (CoD isn't even an exception, I've never paid over $15 for any of 'em) can't cost $60 forever. For a number of reasons, you have to make a sale.

What if greater than three times the people will buy the game @ $20 than at $60? If greater than twelve times as many people will buy the game @ $5 than at $60?

From my own personal experience, I will pay $5 for a game almost without a second thought that @ $20 I will finally just notice it, and @ $60 it would have to be one of the biggest titles of the year for me to even know it exists.

But the biggest problem is that there are just too many titles saturating the market. They can't all sell any way you cut it as there's just too many games. But $5-$10 greatly encourages impulse buys that people may never even play.

Back