Rockstar's : Manhunt

logan1

Gawd
So I just saw this game on my buddy’s game shelf and decided to play it and WOW this game rox.......:eek:

I have always been a fan of stealth action games and I gotta say imo manhunt is one of the best in the genera.

I have only played it for about 1 hour and am hooked. From what I can tell so far you play as a death row inmate that has somehow survived and is making his way through lotta really really bad neighborhoods with the help of some narrator.

If you have not yet played this game its a must play for stealth action lovers. Its like splinter cell on crack. :D

Its good until guns get involved. Then the novelty wears off.

That was the case with me, at least.

yeah the guns suck a lot of butt and the game is plagued by repetition... but, the pigsy part is pretty awesome.

I liked it. It did get repetitive but what game doesn't. I liked the Story as well. Very underrated game IMO.

Yeah, I remember the hype from that game but the gameplay was lousy. It felt like there should've been more options and techniques. Instead it ended up being a lot of sneaking and when you were stuck fighting you were running around like Ergheiz. The whole cinematic kill thing got old after 4-5 of them, so I got bored and sold the game back to the store.

If you like the gratoutus violence of manhunt but prefer more action, may I suggest The Punisher, a brilliant crossbetween manhunt and max payne.

Also check out the film, pretty good as well.

Frosteh said:
If you like the gratoutus violence of manhunt but prefer more action, may I suggest Painkiller
I might have to check that game out.

Now that I have played 2 hours or so of manhunt it seems to be getting very repetitive and boring.

logan1 said:
I might have to check that game out.

Now that I have played 2 hours or so of manhunt it seems to be getting very repetitive and boring.

Very repetitive and boring is a good description for painkiller as well. The bosses are impressive at least. YMMV
:D

I like Painkiller...but comparing it to Manhunt?
If anything it's more of a cross between Doom (the old ones) and Resident Evil 4's atmosphere.

I think you got the story a bit wrong. That "narrator" is using you in some sort of TV show or something. Thats why he keeps wanting you to kill the gang members in the most gruesome ways possible...it makes for better television.

Domingo said:
I like Painkiller...but comparing it to Manhunt?
If anything it's more of a cross between Doom (the old ones) and Resident Evil 4's atmosphere.
Precisely.
Painkiller is a new-age Quake (1, aka mindless killing and endless enemies).

Anyway, ON-TOPIC and RELATED... Manhunt was a pretty fun game. I enjoyed it very, very much.

I could never understand why it was underrated and bashed left and right. Eh. Their loss.

I'm 98% positive he meant to say The Punisher rather than Painkiller (it was the reference to the "Painkiller movie" that tipped me off...).

I agree 100% on the comment that once guns get involved, it's no fun anymore. After that point I finished it only because I wanted to see the ending.

I love Manhunt! It's actually really spooky with all the insane guys running around and stuff, not to mention if you have 5.1 surround sound. For example, a couple of my friends came over to my buddy's apartment a few years back (when Manhunt first came out) and he had just got his new 5.1 setup. I cranked it up and turned on the PS2. I was playing the level where you are at the insane asylum and it was real quiet for a good while. Everybody in the apartment was asking "Where are these guys that you are looking for?" And all of a sudden, this looney guy pops out of the corner (def not on radar) screaming and everybody in the apartment starting screaming! It was a blast!

You gotta finish the game. Dang, I wish they would remake it for the next gen consoles . . . that would really make me consider a PS3 purchase.

LuminaryJanitor said:
I'm 98% positive he meant to say The Punisher rather than Painkiller (it was the reference to the "Painkiller movie" that tipped me off...).

Spot on, sorry about that I did indeed mean The Punisher, i've changed the post.

The punisher is the a 3rd person view game where you've got loads of guns but it also has areas of the game that allow a mono v mono type gameplay where you can focus on one enemy and decide to gruesomly torture information out of them but putting their heads in tanks full of pirahnas or smashing their face into the ground or putting a drill through their head.

The violence is very much as bad as painkiller in that you kill your enemies in very inhumane ways, if you so chose of course :)

Hey a painkiller movie would be cool though, right?

Frosteh said:
Hey a painkiller movie would be cool though, right?
Ugh... The storyline / cutscenes were on par with a Uwe Boll movie as it is... I can't even imagine how horrible it'd be as a film adaptation...

LuminaryJanitor said:
Ugh... The storyline / cutscenes were on par with a Uwe Boll movie as it is... I can't even imagine how horrible it'd be as a film adaptation...

it would own, c'mon admit it.

We could have Arnie bunny hopping around in a leather jacket with a steak launcher uttering corny one liners...

haha!

Back