Rocksmith 75% off

Yippee38

2[H]4U
Rocksmith is on sale today on Steam for $7.49. You will still need to spend $20 on a cable, but at $27.50, it still a damn good deal.

In for one, thanks! Just learning to play myself, and I figure this will be yet another learning tool. Anyone else have experience with this?

I really want to get this but it seems the cable rarely lasts over a four months.

Rocksmith is on sale today on Steam for $7.49. You will still need to spend $20 on a cable, but at $27.50, it still a damn good deal.

$20 for the cable, but if you don't own an electric guitar..... how much is it, really?

Still, I love the idea. I'd like to pick one up eventually

Cable = $29.99
That's a total of $37.48. I don't know where you guys are finding the cable for $20. I either suck at searching, or it didn't happen.

I would go with this if you have a PS3. Only $30.29 , and it also includes the cable. Just saying.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I picked this up at launch for full price and then received a cable from amazon and it's still going strong. I had great fun and it's totally worth it for $7.49.

You guys must be lucky, my nephew and my friend both have had to buy new cables. My friend's replacement just recently started to misfire, same thing happened to his original that just stopped working. This issue is well known.

For the PC, just search for "rocksmith no cable" and download the no-cable fix. That way you can avoid having to buy the official USB cable. You will need two separate sound devices: one for input, and one for output. Using both input and output on a single device tends to make Rocksmith not output any sound.

This no-cable fix is also a good work-around for the relatively high latency of the official USB cable. I use the "monitor input" function of the sound card I input the guitar into and mix it with the Rocksmith output on the second sound card to get a nice, echoey, low latency mix.

For the PC, just search for "rocksmith no cable" and download the no-cable fix. That way you can avoid having to buy the official USB cable. You will need two separate sound devices: one for input, and one for output. Using both input and output on a single device tends to make Rocksmith not output any sound.

Rocksmith will self-immolate if your sound card's input is stereo however. Mine at least tells me I have the wrong number of channels, even with this patch applied.

Would love to know a workaround. I half suspect VB-Cable or Virtual Audio Cables might let me fake a one channel sound card and feed into that, but it'll be yet more latency in the signal chain.

Disable the input channels of the card you're using to output sound under the recording tab in Control Panel|Sound. Rocksmith should then read only the input device you're actually using for input.

Disable the input channels of the card you're using to output sound under the recording tab in Control Panel|Sound. Rocksmith should then read only the input device you're actually using for input.

hurrah! thanks for the tip.

i was mega psyched thinking this game might not have been a total loss for me. but it seems like the first three or four notes all work great in any song i play, then the game decides it's not going to recognize another thing i do. mute the strings, fiddle with levels, nothing. first notes, no problem, anything after that, it's telling me to f- right off. :/

i also really failed at the "Year of Rock" thing that's online & free for guitar, so it's probably just me. but this tech all seems like flaky garbage from where i stand right now. if Rocksmith at least tried to show me what it was getting int, gave me some idea why it wasn't picking up the notes i was playing, gave me some feedback about what was going wrong, i might not be so dismissive, but it either seems to work or it doesnt, and it definitely does work, for about 15 seconds, then just quits out, and it won't help be debug the problem at all. GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON WHY YOU AREN'T WORKING GAME.

what input frequencies does the actual Tone Cable product support? my sound card's defaulting is 44.1kHz, maybe i just need to switch it over to 48kHz default or something to make this stupid game work for more than 20 seconds into a song.

You should set all the sound cards used to 48KHz/16bit, which is what the Rocksmith USB cable supports.

The cable itself is not some magical widget. It's a standard USB sound device (the USB spec for sound devices supports 48KHz/16bits) and Rocksmith uses the specific hardware manufacturer's ID for the game. It's a crude form of DRM. They could have made the cable accessory optional for PC, but that would have increased the tech support headaches for sure.

Back