• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

RocketRAID 2720 & Solaris

SLS

n00b
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
46
After all the months of research I still made the mistake of buying a controller card that is not supported in Solaris. Guess I couldn't help it at that price.

Since nexenta is base on linux does this mean I can compile the linux driver for it and it will work?
 
After all the months of research I still made the mistake of buying a controller card that is not supported in Solaris. Guess I couldn't help it at that price.

Since nexenta is base on linux does this mean I can compile the linux driver for it and it will work?

No, not an option.
Nexenta is not based on Linux but on OpenSolaris

Sell it and buy someting based on a LSI 1068 or better LSI 2008 chipset like a LSI 9211
that supports 6 G SAS/ SATA and Disks > 2 TB
 
I just thought that because of this:
"Nexenta is based on Ubuntu, with an OpenSolaris kernel (not unlike Debian GNU/kFreeBSD or Debian GNU/Hurd). So why should I use Nexenta, since Ubuntu is probably supported/used by more people, and supports more hardware"

I have checked out other controllers. Does the LSI 1068 support 3TB? So far I am getting conflicting reports.

I was already leaning towards the LSI. Thanks.
 
I just thought that because of this:
"Nexenta is based on Ubuntu, with an OpenSolaris kernel (not unlike Debian GNU/kFreeBSD or Debian GNU/Hurd). So why should I use Nexenta, since Ubuntu is probably supported/used by more people, and supports more hardware"

I have checked out other controllers. Does the LSI 1068 support 3TB? So far I am getting conflicting reports.

I was already leaning towards the LSI. Thanks.

Nexenta is Solaris with Handling/ SoftwareInstallation and Tools from Ubuntu
LSI 1068 is restricted to 2 TB. If you need 3 TB+, you need LSI 2008
 
Back
Top