rocketfish side window mod

aznofazns

Limp Gawd
I'm about to order the parts for my first side window mod on my Rocketfish case, so i'd like some suggestions.

Lights - Sunbeam 12" red cold cathode with a 2nd 12" red cathode for $5 more

Window - A.C. Ryan AcrylPanel 480mm x 480mm x 3mm clear acrylic - this is probably more than big enough but I just want to be on the safe side.

C-strip molding - 5 feet of 3/32" channel width molding - 3/32" is under 2.5mm and the window is 3mm thick. Will it fit?

Dremel - 7700-02 MultiPro 2-speed - Is this powerful enough for case cutting? Do i really need this or could i manage with just a handsaw and a handfile? What about nibblers? I've read that they take a while, but how long is a while?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
- Nibblers cut a few millimeters at a time. They're really accurate though and make a clean cut. They take some practice getting used to. Pick up a pair, they're cheap and good to have.

- Don't go with a cordless rotary.. the batteries die quickly, or when you're lower on charge they won't cut as good. Go with a corded Dremel or Craftsman brand. Again, if you're cutting with the rotary tool, practice a lot. It can be a little tough to make a good clean straight cut without nicking anything else. Always double tape your cutting area with masking tape or painter's tape, then trace what you want to cut out on top of it.

Back