Rocket League

mQzz

Limp Gawd
Anyone else playing this?

It's getting a lot of exposure through youtube lately and its quite fun.
Easy to pick up, hard to master.

looks fun but not sure how good it is for someone playing solo. non of my friends want to get it because it sounds stupid "soccer with cars" and would rather play fifa. hard to convince casual gamers to like what i like.

looks fun but not sure how good it is for someone playing solo. non of my friends want to get it because it sounds stupid "soccer with cars" and would rather play fifa. hard to convince casual gamers to like what i like.

ive only played solo so far. same problem like you, except its football where im from, not soccer.
its pretty fun. i tend to do the goal keeping and getting better at it. even win some games. once you level up a bit the coordination and teamplay should get better i hope.

ive watched a video of people doing crazy aerial stuff. no idea how they do it. damn impressive stuff.

Game is very addictive and its a lot more fun to play it with friends. At $20 is an awesome game and perfect for those who just want to jump into a quick game (games are only 5 minutes long and only stoppages are goals) Visually it also looks quite nice and the physics seem to be pretty accurate, its especially fun to jump in the air and rocket boost to get sky high or to jump off the wall to hit the ball or make an epic last second save.

There are constant match queues for 1v1, 2v2,3v3,4v4 and it always loads up a match quickly. I do agree that it is more fun to play with friends though.

The main problem with the game is, to me, how badly you get knocked around by teammates. It's the difference between blocking shots or making goals most of the time. Other than that it's batshit crazy fun.

The main problem with the game is, to me, how badly you get knocked around by teammates. It's the difference between blocking shots or making goals most of the time. Other than that it's batshit crazy fun.

Some people just don't make themselves aware of their teammates positioning.
I had a wonderful team last night where we ran the whole field and if someone saw a teammate going for the ball, we would not fight each other and wait for a lob or goal shot. We crushed it, 8-2.
Then right after that game I got a group of idiots that did nothing but go for every ball, regardless if teammates were there. They screwed up each and every shot/run that we produced. We lost 0-4.

Field/team awareness. It makes all the difference.

BTW, I started playing this last thursday on PS4. It says I've played 171 matches since then... :eek: Game is crazy fun and addictive.

lol i bought the game and play it. was fun. but found out its free on ps4 with psn plus so since i'm buying playstation on black friday, i think i'm going to return it on steam after a bit more play time and wait for it on ps4

lol i bought the game and play it. was fun. but found out its free on ps4 with psn plus so since i'm buying playstation on black friday, i think i'm going to return it on steam after a bit more play time and wait for it on ps4

whens black friday? isnt that in october or something? game is only free on ps4 for a month i think

whens black friday? isnt that in october or something? game is only free on ps4 for a month i think

oh i see. didn't know that. don't have ps4 yet so not really following. Is that like a trial period of a month or is it free for now and then pay later so either you download now and get it for free or lose out type of deal? Well if that is the case and I don't find a good deal on ps4 then I guess I'll keep the game on PC. I do prefer to have it in 21:9 resolution.

oh i see. didn't know that. don't have ps4 yet so not really following. Is that like a trial period of a month or is it free for now and then pay later so either you download now and get it for free or lose out type of deal? Well if that is the case and I don't find a good deal on ps4 then I guess I'll keep the game on PC. I do prefer to have it in 21:9 resolution.

if you get it for free during that month you keep it.

also: having your camera settings to very far zoomed out and your FOV turned up helps a ton in the game. especially if you have your view locked to the ball at all times

How can you change fov? Is to tight for me and i always lose the ball.

The game is definitely fun, but damn can it be frustrating

its the first option when you go to settings. there are multiple sliders. zoom out and FOV

I've been enjoying this game. It's fast, colorful and fun. Plus it's easy to pick up and learn, yet has a high skill ceiling.

Best played with friends in Mumble, but it's not bad at all with randoms. Highly recommended. Also highly recommended is an Xbox controller.

A new stage, along with new DLC was patched yesterday.
The new stage looks like Mario Kart. Like Delfino Plaza, specifically. I like it.

The new stage looks like Mario Kart. Like Delfino Plaza, specifically. I like it.
Yeah, I definitely thought Mario Kart when I saw the new stadium.

And to be clear, the new stadium is free content while the paid DLC pack is purely cosmetic. While it does contain two new cars, all the vehicles in the game have the same top speed, acceleration and hit boxes. So you don't have to pay for faster/better cars or new stadiums, in case anyone was getting that vibe.

Correction: top speed and acceleration are the same for all cars, handling and hit boxes differ.

Last edited:
Rocket League confirmed coming to SteamOS as a launch title.

Last edited:
Bought it and did training and free play a bit to get the controls down and then started playing online today, so far it seems good. I browsed the Steam forums and some people were complaining about trolls or abuse, is that an issue? I did F up at least twice and hit the ball in the wrong direction and I've seen other rookies do likewise, but other than that everyone seems to be playing legitimately and I've had fun. Maybe because I wasn't playing ranked, but it seems like a well-balanced game that is just good, quick fun.

Rocket League confirmed coming to SteamOS as a launch title.

That's awesome! I put off buying this because I can't play it on my linux HTPC. I'd have to but additional controllers for my PC.

Bought it and did training and free play a bit to get the controls down and then started playing online today, so far it seems good. I browsed the Steam forums and some people were complaining about trolls or abuse, is that an issue? I did F up at least twice and hit the ball in the wrong direction and I've seen other rookies do likewise, but other than that everyone seems to be playing legitimately and I've had fun. Maybe because I wasn't playing ranked, but it seems like a well-balanced game that is just good, quick fun.

I've had a couple of people be douchebags over voice but that was in ranked matches. I'm not at a pro/veteran level though, just semi-pro, so it might not be indicative of the greater audience.

Also yes, this game is fun as fuck and one of the few games I actually feel competitively engaged in. Plus the short matches make it easy to pop into/out of at home.

Why did I buy this game?

I have way to much RL stuff to do for a time sink like this.

Fun as hell, even with mouse and keyboard.

Back