Rockband for the Wii

Pretty cool that they are adding 5 more songs, but no DLC sucks. Some of the best songs have come through the download content.

But the article makes it seem like EA/Activision is thinking about that stuff or working on it. I would not be surprised if we see that come out during the holidays.

But the article makes it seem like EA/Activision is thinking about that stuff or working on it. I would not be surprised if we see that come out during the holidays.

Not something I'd wanna bet on though. PS3 or 360 is the way to go for this game.

I'm pretty excited about this. My kids will love it. Be a great addition to my Wii.

:( If I wanted rock band with no DLC I would have just bought it on PS2. I don't own PS3 or 360 but I was really hoping waiting for the wii version would be worth it.

Of course no DLC, they are just using the Ps2 one to port over.

Lazy developers who really don't need to add it because it will sell either way, but this sucks for people who want the DLC. Like everyone with an internet connection.

Now i need a freaking Ps3 or 360 for this game, i was planning on waiting it out too. Damn you...

Lol, lazy devs should be punished for pushing this lazy shit. Same with GH3. Wonder why it looked ass ugly? Cuz it was a straight PS2 port!

Meh, regardless I've been mooching my friend's 360...so no real reason to buy it for myself, especially when he also has that massive DLC library.

In all likelihood its nintendo's fault that there won't be dlc as they don't have the infrastructure in place to do it. Even if they allowed harmonix to make an in game store they would have to handle the payments themselves, a tremendous pain in their ass that they don't have on 360 or ps3. Online play and the other lacking features are disappointing to see, but if given the choice they would most definitely have dlc since its such an enormous cash cow.

Wow, just because it is not originally announced DOES NOT MEAN it will not have DLC. Why is everyone suddenly jumping to the conclusion that it will not have DLC. Maybe Nintendo is building the proper infrastructure now, I mean technically they have it with the Wii Shop and the Mii Plaza.

Wow, just because it is not originally announced DOES NOT MEAN it will not have DLC. Why is everyone suddenly jumping to the conclusion that it will not have DLC. Maybe Nintendo is building the proper infrastructure now, I mean technically they have it with the Wii Shop and the Mii Plaza.

Given Harmonix's history for patches, I wouldn't hold my breath. Remember back in the days of Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 when they said they would put out a patch for online play? That never happened. They still haven't put out an Online Band World Tour for Rock Band, when they said they were working on it when the game got released.

Don't get me wrong, I love all the DLC that they put out, and the games are built well. But so far they haven't delivered on any groundbreaking new features via patch. They did just add the music store, but I would much rather have online BWT than 30 second previews. So I don't think anybody should buy the Wii version with even the SLIGHTEST hope that DLC is in the future.

audiophile42 said:
Given Harmonix's history for patches, I wouldn't hold my breath. Remember back in the days of Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 when they said they would put out a patch for online play? That never happened. They still haven't put out an Online Band World Tour for Rock Band, when they said they were working on it when the game got released.

DLC on wii is guaranteed to being them millions of dollars of additional revenue. You could argue that they'd sell more copies of the game if they patched in online play, but thats debatable and at the very least impossible to accurately measure. You can be sure that everyone involved with rock band would want to see dlc from a financial standpoint, which again is why I would suggest they not share the brunt of the blame on not having it.

Nintendo simply doesn't have the tools in place for developers to easily add in downloadable content, and honestly, based on their current revenues and such, I'd be surprised if they really care. It just doesn't seem to be a part of their strategy this time around. Adding dlc into the other platforms is easy because all they have to do is hook into the infrastructure already in place. Nintendo could add in such features for developers in the future, but I cannot recall hearing of any plans for them to do so.

Nintendo can't even get online matches in Smash Brothers Brawl to work. Of course the Wii version of Rock Band won't have DLC.

Back