Rock Band Poll

What instruments are you looking at picking up for Rock Band?

• None (I already have a GH controller)

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Guitar (Wireless is too good to pass up)

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Microphone (Singing is where its at)

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Drum Kit (Drums are the heart of the band)

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Multiple/All Instruments (Must have the ultimate party experience)

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters

saintrobyn

Gawd
I am excited about Rock Band but I don't think I will be getting any of the additional instruments since I already have the Guitar Hero II controller. What instruments are you looking at picking up for this game?

I suck at Guitar Hero. I can sing and I am sure I can play the drums part as well.

I really want to try the drums but...as an ex-drummer for several different bands I'll be embarrased if I suck at it. :p

I need a "I'm not getting my hopes up until I know what all this stuff costs" option. :D

I really want to try the drums but...as an ex-drummer for several different bands I'll be embarrassed if I suck at it. :p

That is the great part about playing at home, there is no one to judge how much you suck at something. Hell, I was so bad when I started playing GH2 that I almost never wanted to pick it up again.

I thought the prices were already announced? I know Gamestop had the prices up on their site...I can't get to it right now as I am at work but I think it was 199.99 for the the whole package, and then like 70 for each one seperate...

But I could be wrong...Anyways I will probably getting all of them.

I thought the prices were already announced? I know Gamestop had the prices up on their site...I can't get to it right now as I am at work but I think it was 199.99 for the the whole package, and then like 70 for each one seperate...
The publisher came out and said they weren't confirmed prices and just placeholders (make of that what you will), but for me $200 could be £100 or more likely £150 (not paying that sort of money).

I will probably get all of the accessories if the bundle is at a decent price. I really want to play the drums. The only one i probably wont try is singing unless im all alone i'll leave the singing to someone else much better than myself.

lol... I can see people going online and waiting desperately for vocalists or bass guitar players. LF2M, have drummers!

I have the two guitars from GH2, so I need the drum kit and microphone.

It looks interesting, but I'm not into it that much, to justify the costs.

All I can say though, is if a friend invites me over to play the game, I'm not singing :D

I think singing is going to be "not it" of the game. Kind of like getting stuck with Donatello in ninja turtles.

Me personally I'll be sticking with the guitar/bass. If the drums were a little more complex I'd probably pick them up too.

How dare you! Donatello rawked.

Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines (That's a fact, Jack!)
Raphael is cool but crude (Gimme a break!)
Michaelangelo is a party dude (Party!)

Its not hard to figure out who the least cool ninja turtle is. While everyone else is out partying, being cool, and leading, he's back in the sewer "doing machines". Plus while everyone else had cool weapons, he fought with a damn broomstick.

No! There's nothing you can say that will change my mind!

* weeps in corner * :(

I can't wait for this game... but the sad part is there aren't enough people in my house who can play. My wife sings really well and I'll take the drums... missing two people :D.

Kind of like getting stuck with Donatello in ninja turtles.

You're on a forum full of super-geeks. Many of us (including myself) thought Donatello was the best because he built all the stuff.

Donatello, official [H] ninja turtle?

You're on a forum full of super-geeks. Many of us (including myself) thought Donatello was the best because he built all the stuff.

Donatello, official [H] ninja turtle?
Haha agreed.

I need a "I'm not getting my hopes up until I know what all this stuff costs" option. :D
QFT. I have some friends that aren't really into GH2 but are excited about Rock Band because of the drums. Like others have said though of course, nobody is going to be into singing, especially since I doubt they will have drunk karaeoke type songs. (Friends in low places anyone?) To be honest I wasn't that impressed by the E3 demo; it looked like there was too much shit going on on the screen at once, although I am reserving my judgment for prices and reviews.:)

it looked like there was too much shit going on on the screen at once

From what I have read about the game, if you play in single instrument mode you will only have that one set of notes on the screen so it will look similar to what you see in Guitar Hero.

Back