Rock Band for PS2

greenhorn1

Limp Gawd
Sorry if this is an ignorant question but i've been completely ignoring Rock Band because of the price, but I just realized I have no idea what to get my son for christmas because he's addicted to WoW and Guitar hero and doesn't really play with much else so I thought maybe he'd like Rock Band. But we currently don't have a PS3 or 360. I'm not so concerned about the graphics but isn't this game going to have a ton of downloadable content? Is there even any point in getting the PS2 version?

If you don't have a PS3 or 360 then your only option is for the PS2, it is cheaper but no extra content will come out for it.

Keep in mind if he already plays Guitar Hero, he must have the guitar so he can play Rock Band no problem by just purchasing the game (for 40 or 50 bucks or w/e).

Eventually if he wants to try the other modes, you could get him the drums seperately (or the mic) or he can buy them himself.

Yes, Rock Band is supposed to have a ton of downloadable content so you would definitely be missing out on that with the PS2 version. You could always just buy the game and not the big combo pack. At least that way, he can play it with the Guitar Hero controller. I wouldn't dump big money on that game unless you were buying it for the 360 or PS3.

Back