ROC

relic

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2007
Just to make sure this remains civil.

After reading a bit:
ROC is a very dedicated folder who has chosen to fold with [H], at least for the moment.
Previously he has folded with another very respectable and very hard working team.

Few of us get along with everyone we meet.
(7im vs every intelligent human being comes to mind)
ROC's reasons are as much his business as are his boxen.
Please remember that we respect all folders.

That being said, I am personally grateful for every DCer that folds for [H].
Thank you, ROC.
Please do not let this become an vendetta.
I would like to remind everyone why we should do this folding thing:

We do this for them
Those yet to be born
We do this for those
Whose memory we mourn

We do this for mom
Who is counting her days
We do this for children
Who are too weak to play

We do this for those
who can't do for themselves
We do this with honor
and take pride in ourselves

I do this for you
and you do it for me
For those future times
We cannot foresee.

We never shall falter
We shall never forget.
Our enemy, disease,
Shall not go un-met

Though our warriors are silent
and our battlefield unseen
Our resolve is as real
as any soldier's should be

Toward a day without sorrow
Toward a life without pain
Toward a world where the best
and the worst...are the same.

With honor, love and respect,
relic

Well I like the 7im comment ! And my Grandfather, and my Father died of Cancer

I say we treat him like every other new folder that comes to the [H] :D

But we can't do 3/4 of the fun stuff since we are not in Gen May

Shucks :(

:D

Hey Relic

Thanks for the post man!

Like someone said..... it doesn't matter how long I stay at [H].... any duration is welcomed right? :). I'm sure I could produce some decent points in the duration I stay :D

Cheers
ROC

Relic's just kissing your ass (pun intended) b/c you're bringing so many points to the table.

That said, can I get you a beer or some tamales? (kissing ass too) :) lol

He's not the only [H]orde member with a "past", many of us folded for other teams before finding this great team (not to say that the other teams aren't great). Probably one of the things which makes the [H] so "special" ;-)

Now I'm totally confused :eek: I really don't have the patients to get into any of this "vendetta" crap. I feel what a persons personal problems are is his or her business. Maybe I'm on the wrong team!!! :rolleyes:

With all that said I can't help thinking this may be related to that points problem we had a while ago and when I read the Vjay statement that it wasn't public business I figured it was being handled without the "peanut gallery's" help.. I left a heart felt post to the affected parties and I praised them on their maturity on how to handle the situation. If I'm mistaken I sincerely apologise. I just got tired of this forum sounding like the rejects from the "Dear Abby" newspaper columns or the "Payton Place" TV series. :(

Enough is enough already. Lets just fold and help those that are unfortunate to have some deliberating diseases that the F@H project might help find a cure for and "frigg the others in the rear and throw em' in a mud puddle" (or something like that) :D

BTW, I like that explanation by Mr relic about our fearless leader Zim. :p

Edit: One of the things I love about this forum is the pragmatic and mature way members relate to each other. I've also grown to trust any information about folding and I think this is one of the "newb" folders best resources. I don't think there is an answer known to mankind about folding that can't be answered by one of the knowledgeable people on this forum. IMHO the best part about asking a question on this forum is everyone trys to help you and nobody does the "tough" and "talking down" act :)

FOLD ON!

Welcome ROC! Welcome AssM@n!

Welcome to the [H]ardest Team in the World!

Here.... have some popcorn!

Like someone said..... it doesn't matter how long I stay at [H].... any duration is welcomed right? :). I'm sure I could produce some decent points in the duration I stay :D

Absolutely correct IMO. All are welcome to our little dysfunctional family in our little corner of this rock. I've only been folding a short while and been here a short while myself. I find the sharing attitude and positive feedback from this crew second to none.
But one of the most profound statements and the general attitude I've found here was made by Kendrak not long ago "We love ALL our folders". Doesn't matter whether you put up 200ppd or 200000ppd when you're a member of this team, if you're sharing with us, we're sharing with you. If you need help with something someone will try and step up. If you have something to share... step up.

Enjoy the ride here ROC! You'll have some fun hopefully, and walk away if you choose with more than you came hopefully. Either way... you're [H]ard now!

Welcome aboard brother!

A brief thought for ya...

I fold today for their tomorrows.
I fold today that I might ease their sorrows.

I fold today for those not met.
I fold today for those I'll never forget.

I fold today that I might ease their grief.
I fold today for someone's relief.

I fold today.
I will fold tomorrow!

I would love to see my stay at the top be short lived!!! I really would! That would tell me that overall people are ramping and our team PPD is climbing and we are approaching our 3M PPD goal and our eventual goal of overtaking default!!!

/snip
nomad8u;I fold today. I [SIZE="6" said:
will[/SIZE] fold tomorrow!

@ nomad8u, I love that part of your realistic and wonderful poem :D. Because, like most of the members of the [H]orde, I'm a' gonna fold today and I'm a' gonna fold tommorrow. (no matter freaking what ;))

Oh yeah, WELCOME AssMAN or ROC or whatever your folding handle is and thanks for adding your pernts to the [H]orde. Like you stated before, it don't matter how long you stay as a member of the [H]orde (it seems like "heavy hitters" are always switching teams) you're part of our family and will be respected and helped. Other common traits of [H]orde team 33 are, it don't matter how many pernts you post for the team (whether it be 200 ppd or 2 zillion ppd, you get the same respect and folding help), it don't matter what kind of CPU you have (I don't think anyone cares and they believe it's the OP's business), plus with all the friendly bantering and smack talk that gets posted, we are in the end just one big happy family, from the "old timers" like Mr relic to the "newtimers" that just started folding or the "middle timers " like me (maybe I shoulda' posted "lowermiddletimers", much too complicated :eek:)

FOLD ON!

Wecome ROC! awesome to have another titan folding for [H]

Please make yourself at home... can I get you a snack, mebe an aperitif?

rocblockrlol.JPG

I'm holding down all the papers on my desk for when you blow by me!

maybe only staying for a little while? Well um, tell me, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

quick! tie him up!

It's heartening to see there is unanimity on one topic, namely ZIM.

Wecome ROC! awesome to have another titan folding for [H]

Please make yourself at home... can I get you a snack, mebe an aperitif?

rocblockrlol.JPG

I'm holding down all the papers on my desk for when you blow by me!

maybe only staying for a little while? Well um, tell me, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

quick! tie him up!

Only do that if you can run his boxen and pay his power bill ;)

I again welcome you to the [H]ardest team in the world!!!

You are a folder like any other (yes you may put out more points than most of us), but are still a man. I treat EVERYONE with respect and kindness until such a time as they have done something to no longer deserve it.

Already you are starting to contribute to the team and the forum. I can see that you will be a very welcomed addition to the knowledge and kindness that is the reason I fold with this team.

Again, Welcome Aboard!!!

Oh and one more thing. Relic & Nomad8u, you're words are as always awe inspiring :)

Back