Robots Will Soon Control The Weather

HardOCP News

[H] News
We don't know who struck first, us or them. But we do know it was us that scorched the sky. At the time, they were dependent on solar power. It was believed they would be unable to survive without an energy source as abundant as the sun.

-Morpheus

Engineers and meteorologists from Nevada have joined forces to create the first autonomous cloud seeding platform - using drones to control the weather. Cloud seeding is a technique where small particles are dropped into a cloud from an aircraft or rocket to alter the microphysical processes going on inside and make it rain (or snow).

Sooooooo...the conspiracy theorists have been right about this since forever basically.

I'd rather see tech on how to control current weather not make it. A big storm is coming lets stop it. Stuff like that.

I'd rather see tech on how to control current weather not make it. A big storm is coming lets stop it. Stuff like that.

The Sharknado movies already have this covered. Dynamite strapped to Propane tanks and hurled into the storm.

Meh, I'm not worried. Mother nature always reigns supreme.

But we need rain, life on earth kind of depends on it.

But we need rain, life on earth kind of depends on it.

More rain [here] is less rain elsewhere. Not that I have the slightest idea about how exactly weather works.

Weather is basically energy equalizing. If you were able to make the temperature equal everywhere weather for the most part wouldn't happen.

Precipitation is a part of it... Every 20F dropped the amount of water the air can hold is halved.

Back