Robots WILL Kill Us All then Sue Us

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
While I have to look at this as more of a liability clause than anything else, the statement about "specific rights" is a bit unsettling.

The draft report, approved by 17 votes to two and two abstentions by the European Parliament Committee on Legal Affairs, proposes that “The most sophisticated autonomous robots could be established as having the status of electronic persons with specific rights and obligations, including that of making good any damage they may cause.”

Futurama!

Taxes in the future may also be included on robot labour. Now we just need basic income as well.

robodanger.gif

Thanks to Steve and Kyle, we have been adequately warned about robots.. that they are going to KILL US, take our jobs, have sex with us.. KILL US.. and KILL US again!!

Robots One Step Closer To Killing Us All
Wall-Climbing Gecko Robots Are Going To Kill Us All
Robots Are Going To Kill Us All!
Killer Running Robots Will Kill Us All
If you thought getting away from killer robots from the future was hard now, wait until they are made of this stuff!
Proof Robots Are Going To Kill Us All
Killer Robotic Ape In Development - I, for one, welcome our new robotic ape overlords. Damn you dirty robotic apes! Damn you!
Robots Are Going To Kill Us ALL!
Please Welcome Our New Robot Overlords

One big reason I visit [H].. for it's extensive, complete ROBOT KILLING news and awareness!!

I an unsure if I want them to have sex with me before or after they kill me....or both.

It's an interesting proposal that some autonomuos robots should be legally responsible for their actions.
What sort of punishment would be suitable to prevent an AI from committing a crime?

It's an interesting proposal that some autonomuos robots should be legally responsible for their actions.
What sort of punishment would be suitable to prevent an AI from committing a crime?

Having all of their remaining on-board memory filled with boy band videos on auto play. They wouldn't even be able to tag the videos as watched, each one would replay and the machine in question would perceive each and every single video as fresh suffering.

Unless we discover that the robot in question enjoys boy bands, then we go straight to Cradle of Filth.

Only in Europe would you even think about holding a robot legally responsible for anything.

Next up, robot lawyers.

I hope the Overlords kill all the Europeans first.

Shows you how clueless they are about the current state of AI (or just computer programming in general).

Futurama!

Taxes in the future may also be included on robot labour. Now we just need basic income as well.

They're absolutely going to have to tax the labor production by robots. The amount of lost tax revenue from a robotic workforce will be huge (not just loss from employment taxes, but also things like sales taxes - robots aren't consumers, yet they're replacing them).

Having all of their remaining on-board memory filled with boy band videos on auto play. ...
For that to work as a prevention you'd have to force all robots to "watch" a boy band video in the first place.
I don't think that kind of prophylactic torture is acceptable...

They're absolutely going to have to tax the labor production by robots. ... - robots aren't consumers...
Robots consume energy, and there are energy taxes in place.
The thing is that if a company cuts costs by reducing (total amount of) salaries they will also indirectly reduce the sales by roughly the same amount. (Therefore I don't see capitalism survive much longer, a discussion to be taken elsewhere.)

Robot shoots you, sues your estate for damage to the bullets, buy bullets with the awarded damages, shoots your heirs.... ad infinitium and beyond.

Back