Robots Getting Married In Japan

They didn't say gay marriage was ok, they said the state couldn't deny it.
Not true, the five liberal justices promoted homosexuality quite vocally, while the four dissenters also chimed in as well ranging from resigned to perturbed since their duty is to uphold the constitution, and there is absolutely nothing in the constitution regarding homosexual marriage... heck, I'll let one of them speak for themselves on the matter:
Stripped of its shiny rhetorical gloss, the majority's argument is that the Due Process Clause gives same-sex couples a fundamental right to marry because it will be good for them and for society," Roberts wrote. "If I were a legislator, I would certainly consider that view as a matter of social policy. But as a judge, I find the majority's position indefensible as a matter of constitutional law."
And again, personally I really couldn't care less as IMO its all really just attention seeking more than anything else, and it doesn't impact me directly. My primary concern is over states rights, and I have no problem with the majority in a state using the democratic process to have their opinions heard and tallied.

Back