Robotic Walking Device

HardOCP News

[H] News
Honda is showing off a new strap-on-walker-thingy new strap-on-walker-thingy that, with a few mods, could be a bionic dual pistol holster with built in fanny pack for ammo. That way you could run all over Liberty City shooting people and never get tired. Or it could help the elderly and handicapped, you never know.

I'm in a wheelchair due to a spinal cord injury, years ago. This kind of technology may well pave the way to life without a chair for many like me.

I'm in a wheelchair due to a spinal cord injury, years ago. This kind of technology may well pave the way to life without a chair for many like me.

Did you see this? I know it is overkill but something that can support the weight of your upper body would probably be better, wouldn't it? Obviously I don't know what it is like but I would like to see this technology actually be used to help people with disabilities.

Did you see this? I know it is overkill but something that can support the weight of your upper body would probably be better, wouldn't it? Obviously I don't know what it is like but I would like to see this technology actually be used to help people with disabilities.
My injury level is pretty low so upper body support isn't needed as much as a higher level SCI, but this exo-suit would be fun to try. All I'd need are a couple of Desert Eagles built into the handgrips and I'd be RoboCop. :p

That way you could run all over Liberty City shooting people and never get tired.

Since it's Honda, you can also outrun the cops since....

vtecyotz8.jpg

2 hours on lithium batteries? I can see it now..

must.. reach.. charger.. almost home.. legs about.. to.. die.......

crap!

2 hours on lithium batteries? I can see it now..

must.. reach.. charger.. almost home.. legs about.. to.. die.......

crap!

While I could just say "Help I've fallen and I can't get up", I could also say "Help! I'm down and my strap on is out of batteries and I can't get up!" :D

(*) This device is designed for people who are still capable of walking on their own.

There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the page that you must aleady be able to walk on your own so I do not see the point of this device.

Back