Robot Dog Can Fetch Drinks, Do Dishes

That is pretty sick, not gonna lie. No idea what I would do with one, but still cool.

Home robot within my life time. I thought it was going to put the can in the dishwasher.

At 1:27 had me LOL in my cubicle at work...I've watched that part about 10 times already HAHA!

Ah Boston Dynamics, building the robots that will kill us all, and giving them the reasons that they'll want to.

1NMAzeN.gif

Robots will eventually KILL US ALL! But, in the mean time, this robot dog is pretty damn handy around the house...when it's not wiping out on banana peels. :D

So all we need to stave off the inevitable robot uprising is a good supply of banana peels. So clearly the robots will have to bide their time and unleash a bioweapon to kill our banana supply. Insidious bastards!

I do like how it attacks the guy at the end with a diet coke can and then falls over though. :p

So all we need to stave off the inevitable robot uprising is a good supply of banana peels. So clearly the robots will have to bide their time and unleash a bioweapon to kill our banana supply. Insidious bastards!

I do like how it attacks the guy at the end with a diet coke can and then falls over though. :p

<tin foil hat>
How do you know they didn't create this virus?

Yes! We have no bananas? It could actually happen

</tin foil hat>

wait, it can do dishes? that's like the worst chore in the house. :D

And yet Alphabet wants to dump them.
Alphabet's reasoning: "Negative public perception of creating machines to take over human jobs and lack of practical applications for such robots." (Which seems kind of contradicting to each other)

Now give it a gun and have it fight terrorists. Oh and have it bring solders a beer too.

Isn't the military using these already to carry heavy loads on the field?

these things send chills down my spine. we are actively pursuing the creation of our robot overlords/exterminators. at the end when it was FIGHTING for the can, I kept picturing it grabbing his arm and ripping it off.

/shudders

So why didn't it pick up the banana peel after slipping on it? this is the lazy kind of shit my kid would do.

Multimillion dollar piece of equipment sucks at everything.

(I have a feeling that the humour is a very desperate attempt at improving public opinion of autonomous robotics. It's not going to work.)

Multimillion dollar piece of equipment sucks at everything.

(I have a feeling that the humour is a very desperate attempt at improving public opinion of autonomous robotics. It's not going to work.)
Worked on me. I'm a sucker for the banana peel joke.

Back