robocopy for win2k?

mjz_5

2[H]4U
robocopy is amazing, but i can not find a version for windows 2000. Any ideas?

mjz_5 said:
robocopy is amazing, but i can not find a version for windows 2000. Any ideas?

Download the XP or 2003 Resource Kit from Microsoft, in there you will find Robocopy which has been updated and will work on a 2000 system.

Did you install the resource kit directly on the 2000 machine or did you simply copy the robocopy.exe from another machine to the 2000 machine?

SJConsultant said:
Did you install the resource kit directly on the 2000 machine or did you simply copy the robocopy.exe from another machine to the 2000 machine?

i had to copy the robocopy.exe from my winxp machine, since the windows xp resource kit wont install on my win2k machine. the windows 2000 resource kit doesn't have robocopy.

mjz_5

mjz_5 said:
i had to copy the robocopy.exe from my winxp machine, since the windows xp resource kit wont install on my win2k machine. the windows 2000 resource kit doesn't have robocopy.

mjz_5

Not sure what the problem may be since I've always copied the robocopy.exe from my XP machine to 2000 machines and it's always worked.

FYI, robocopy has been part of the NT resource kit since NT4.

SJConsultant said:
Not sure what the problem may be since I've always copied the robocopy.exe from my XP machine to 2000 machines and it's always worked.

FYI, robocopy has been part of the NT resource kit since NT4.

yeah, i don't know what the problem is, the machine is an p3 866 with 256 mb ram.. it gives me a "program too big to fit in memory" error.. It is probably my fault, i was like, hehe Microsoft, i could outsmart you (copied .exe from an XP machine to my server)... oo the irony.

i'll try install the NT resource kit though.

mjz_5 said:
yeah, i don't know what the problem is, the machine is an p3 866 with 256 mb ram.. it gives me a "program too big to fit in memory" error.. It is probably my fault, i was like, hehe Microsoft, i could outsmart you (copied .exe from an XP machine to my server)... oo the irony.

i'll try install the NT resource kit though.

I'm not sure if VB Runtime files are required for it (may be a possibility), I just copy the exe from one system to another and it works.

Try the XP or 2003 Resource kit.

SJConsultant said:
I'm not sure if VB Runtime files are required for it (may be a possibility), I just copy the exe from one system to another and it works.

Try the XP or 2003 Resource kit.

when i tried installing the xp resource kit, it would not go through with the install, saying it can only be installed on xp and 2003 machines

btw, thanks for trying to help, if i come up with something, i will let you know

mjz_5 said:
btw, thanks for trying to help, if i come up with something, i will let you know

Thanks, I would definitely like to know why it does not work in your case. Might be helpful if I happen to run into it in the future. ;)

SJConsultant said:
Thanks, I would definitely like to know why it does not work in your case. Might be helpful if I happen to run into it in the future. ;)

i noticed i had a small mistake, just to make sure you got me. it's:

"when i tried installing the xp resource kit, it would NOT go through with the install, saying it can only be installed on xp and 2003 machines"

but yeah, if i come up with something, i'll PM you

Back