• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Roadmap planning

vroom_skies

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
1,390
Hey all,
Would love some advice on all this.

My current computer setup:
- Creative X-FI Plat
- Logitech Z-5500
- Sennheiser HD595

Now I'm not even using the Z-5500's as they were meant to be used. For starters I'm using it as a 3.1 setup. Front left/ right, center and sub. I don't have an easy way to mount the rears so I've left them out. Other then that I've never been that heavy into surround sound even though I do watch movies and game on my computer.

Now I bought most of the above setup with gaming in mind and while I do still game, I'm leaning more towards audio listening this time around. If certain components can kill two birds with one stone then great, if not, no big loss.

So here are the basics of what I'm thinking:

- Receiver that fits the needs below, plus having good support for headphones.
- 2.0, 2.1, 3.0 or 3.1 for speakers. I enjoy having bass in order to "fill" the song as a whole, but I am by no means a bass head so I might not even need a sub.
- Senns 595 for headphones
- AMP/ DAC (maybe the Ibasso D10 Cobra) (not sure if I'll get one at this point in time)

I've redone a bunch of my original ideas and am starting to think that I should just get a receiver and use my on board audio via optical out (I'd assume?) to connect.
I know a dedicated amp/ dac for my headphones would be the best route. However the headphone out on nicer receivers can't be that bad, or no?

I've really not set a budget, however I'd think less then $600 for speakers and a receiver is more then doable. Though feel free to list above or below that within reason.

Also if it helps some of my favorite artist are: Sia, Poets Of The Fall, Feist, Imogen Heap, Dispatch, Halou, Iron & Wine. Also a lot of ambient and instrumental.

Thanks in advance

Bob
 
Last edited:
The few options that I've been looking at are:
- KRK Rokit series
- Adam A series (out of budget, but maybe I can find a sale)

Are these on the right track? What other in this area should I be looking at?
 
Back
Top