RMA turnaround time

Thanks for clearing it up for me. This kind of crap has happened to me every single time I rma with XFX. They get the card in two days, a week to play with it, then 3 weeks to a month to get it back. Every. Single. Time.

Thanks for the offer to help after I was a jerkass, however other than divine intervention, there is nothing you can do about the convoluted shipping situation.

Last edited:
Still waiting to hear back from my ASUS contact. Last email was Thursday morning. I have asked them to send me a different model card of similar performance. At this point I don't even care if I get downgraded to a 285 or a GTX770. I just don't want another 280x. They probably won't do it but its worth a shot. There are way to many stories of people getting 2-4 bad 280xs from ASUS before getting a good one. This has been dragging on since December and its starting to get old.

I've received probably the 5th or 6th dead motherboard from evga since the RMA started back in November 2nd. You can see my complaint on the first page of this thread.

Those guys are complete idiots and I've given up completely at this point. They probably joke about it at this point and put my calls on loudspeaker laughing every time I call to complain about receiving defective shit. If that isn't the case I don't know how they can possibly fuck up so bad.

I've received probably the 5th or 6th dead motherboard from evga since the RMA started back in November 2nd. You can see my complaint on the first page of this thread.

Those guys are complete idiots and I've given up completely at this point. They probably joke about it at this point and put my calls on loudspeaker laughing every time I call to complain about receiving defective shit. If that isn't the case I don't know how they can possibly fuck up so bad.

{sarcasm}
OH NOES! NOT EVGA!! EVGA IS PERFECT!!!
{/sarcasm}

oh boy.

I had a RMA a v-card. they got it last month on around the 20th. no response on anything since. Now i''m worried about the RMA process and if i get a working V-card

I'm a big Evga fan and even I won't touch their mobos anymore. It's been 5 years since I've bought a good mobo from evga

I'm a big Evga fan and even I won't touch their mobos anymore. It's been 5 years since I've bought a good mobo from evga

This, I wouldn't touch an evga mobo with a tem foot pole. For a reference video card, I'm going evga.

I am in the midst of an RMA with Gigabyte for a Windforce 290 that I got from a [H]ard member. They are requesting an invoice/receipt to proceed with the RMA. Has anyone had any issues with Gigabyte if they didn't have that? It was my understanding that Gigabyte didn't require this information, but they seem to be indicating that they require it to repair the card.

Holy hell, that's worrisome.

Only ever had to RMA hard drives and WD does advance replacement (ie. put a temporary charge on your credit card then nullify it once you receive the replacement and return the bad one).

Never had to do it for my old BFGTech GTX 260's (3 of them, all still running like champs *knock on wood*).

ASUS did advance replacement on the motherboard I had to RMA for my cousin. It was getting a hold of support and putting in the RMA request that took the most time.

Are there any GPU companies that do the same free of charge? I skimmed earlier in the thread where someone said EVGA does it only one time and they charge $35 for it which is ridiculous (on top of the whole one time thing and it doesn't matter if they send you a bad card by accident).

Gigabyte BUYERS BEWARE

After informing Gigabyte that I was unable to locate a receipt for the card, they are refusing to service it. Here is the email I just received from them after 8 business days of my card being at the service center...
Dear Customer,

We apologize for the late reply.
We will be unable to process service on the card.
It will be return to you as is.

Thank you

It looks like I am out my shipping costs plus the cost of the 290. I definitely will not be buying anything Gigabyte related in the future if they don't make this right. It seems that the serial number based warranty is out the window with them.

Hah, I am pretty sure. Although both companies clearly treat customers with about the same amount of respect.

Not in the UK for components.

Gigabyte: local repair centre with 5 day turn around.

Asus: Small claims court.

Not in the UK for components.

Gigabyte: local repair centre with 5 day turn around.

Asus: Small claims court.

That certainly sounds nice. After calling several times Gigabyte is now claiming that the card is a Brazil region serial number which is why they are requesting an invoice. They are refusing to fix it for this "reason" and stated they will be shipping it back to me.

I have escalated this to two supervisors with no luck so far, and I don't really have any recourse since the seller on here claims it was a US card but has no receipt. Anyone have any other suggestions at this point?

Just figured I would provide a final update. As I stated before, Gigabyte claimed that the 290 was actually a Brazil region card AND that it was listed as stolen. They are claiming the serial number is actually listed in a police report now (doubtful).

I spent many hours of time attempting to get this resolved, but they refused to do anything in the end and are shipping the card back. Before the card was RMA'ed, the card was still listed as having around 1-2 years left on the warranty when checking by serial number on the Gigabyte website. Now the card shows an invalid warranty with an end date before the start date.

I am working with the seller here (don't want to out anyone), and it seems like he is willing to work with me to resolve this which is great. I just wanted to share a few tough lessons learned here.

1. Gigabyte handled this in a manner that is so questionable I will never buy anything from them again - (misinformation - misdirection - lying - rudeness) : buy from a better company
  2. Verify that the seller has an invoice with the card that they can provide
  3. Verify the serial number is active and valid by actually calling the company : don't trust the website

With all of that said, I have purchased dozens of parts from sellers here and have had pretty good luck. I just know now that I need to do a little more due diligence when purchasing.

Back