• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Rma 2005fpw

wallabeex

n00b
Joined
Dec 26, 2005
Messages
32
How many of you that have RMA'd your 2005's have gotten a satisfactory replacement? I'm reading about the terror of having to deal with customer service over and over because their 2005 was replaced with a monitor two years older with a handful more problems then the one you started out with.

I bought my LCD in October of 2005, and got an AO2 Build Date September 2005. My issue is that I've got a bit of burn-in and there's a gray hazy line running down the side of the screen that's only visible on gray and light blues .. for most everything it's completely nonexistant, though it's quite apparent when I'm working in my graphics programs like Photoshop. I don't have any dead pixels and no backlight bleeding, and for the time being it's not really killing me to have this problem. At the same time, I paid for a working LCD and the defects that've shown up recently aren't what I'd expect from such a product.

However, understandably, I'd rather not end up with backlight bleeding or stuck pixels because I'd rather have my current probelm than those.
 
How do you get a "burned in image" with an LCD??

One RMA for me before I got a good one. I think I am going to return this one for credit. I just can't handle the anti glare coating on the screen. It adds a bit of fuzziness to images when I am working with them in PS.

-Flake
 
PornFlake said:
How do you get a "burned in image" with an LCD??

http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/displays/topic3311.html

From the sounds of it they make the return pretty painless and with very little downtime, so there wouldn't be a point where I'd be without my screen. In the end it'd probably be worth it because, eventually, I'd get the screen I was looking for. I'm just a little nervous I'd end up with something terrible and they wouldn't take credit for it.
 
Back
Top