RivaTuner Problems

Term-X

2[H]4U
So long story short, I seem to be in bizzaro world. I've never had problems using RivaTuner in the past and I know my general limits.

Anyhow, prior to using RivaTuner over the recent days, I decided to give nTune a go. It was ok but the custom rules area didn't seem to want to restore my OC settings on start-up so I decided to go to RivaTuner. I loaded it up, did the reboot for detect settings just to be on the safe side. Once it rebooted, RivaTuner showed my default GPU core frequency correctly but my memory showed as a previously used (stable) mem setting.

So I decided to check the nvidia control panel to see what it said for factory frequencies and both say 0. I guess then I decided to try and uninstall RivaTuner to see if the problem would alleviate and reinstall and now the frequency setting page is showing 198/386 for core/mem.

I am absolutely confused at this point this point and any advice as what to do would be appreciated.

Suppose I should mention I have a BFG 8800 GTS (default clocks are/were 513/792)

Back