RivaTuner 2.10 + 177.92 + GTX260 = no OC?

with the above setup all clock speed adjustments i make get reverted back to stock after hitting "OK". i think it worked with Riva2.09 but i installed the beta 177.92's at around the same time.

anyone else with this prob?

searched and couldnt find anyone else with the same prob

edit: EVGA Precision Tool does the same thing. i set a clock speed, hit Apply, and it goes right back to 626mhz.

Is the BIOS locked? You might have to run Rivatuner as administrator if you're on Vista but I'm not sure if that is going to make a difference...

how do i check if the BIOS is locked? RT currently runs as adminitrator by default as of i think 2.08

You should stick to the latest version of Rivatuner, but I suggest overclocking with Coolbits in the control panel instead. But you mustn't use Rivatuner while you're tweaking with Coolbits.

coolbits doesnt even know what Vista is. it was last updated 4 years ago? it definitely doesnt work in Vista and i dont think it works with any Shader clocked cards, either.

If your running Vista ultimite 64, your gonna have to disable driver override, or something.

I remember having to deal with it, you have to tell vista to let you manipulate the drivers.

Look it up.

it's definitely a RT issue. i can change clocks with nTune. anyone know how to get nTune to keep settings after rebooting? the profile/launcher doesnt seem to be working. i'm running Vista64 and the latest stable version of nTune.

i'd love for RT to work but nTune is my only option right now. i ran the coolbits reg file and havent noticed any changes in the nv control panel.

Actually I'm using Vista x64 SP1 - you dont have to disable driver signing.

Using EVGA Precision with a PNY GTX 260 I can change the clock speed, hit apply and it takes without a problem. Checking " remember at startup" works too.

What card is it that is showing 626? Cause standard GTX 260s are 576 core. Maybe your vendor has locked the clock speeds somehow in the GPU bios.

There is no reason why should not be able to overclock that card with EVGA precision, I'm doing it with mine running the same drivers and OS.

SystemMonitor.jpg

I am using the NVIDIA System Monitor. It works pretty good so far.

Maybe you should try that one out instead. You're right, Coolbits doesn't work, I've been out of the loop, sorry.

it's a vanilla evga gtx260:
bbw.png

ok it's definitely the latest .92 beta drivers. uninstalled and popped the .79 betas in and i have full OC abilities again. only thing that concerns me now is why nvidia pulled the .79s from their website...

btw GPU-Z's screencap function with auto image hosting is A+! took that before removing those betas. uninstalled nTune and running just RivaTuner 2.10 without issues so far

so...could change clocks fine after dropping to 177.79 betas but randomly the other day RT wouldnt take clock changes again. didnt change anything. for now, i'm just flashing my card with new clocks
8we.png

dunno whats going on but my RT 2.10/FW 177/GTX260 issues continue!

are you sure the latest drivers aren't just downclocking the gtx 260 in 2d. I have a GTX 260 and overclocked it last night with the latest drivers. The drivers automatically downclock the card in 2d and low 3d and only apply the overclock during performance 3d situations

are you sure the latest drivers aren't just downclocking the gtx 260 in 2d. I have a GTX 260 and overclocked it last night with the latest drivers. The drivers automatically downclock the card in 2d and low 3d and only apply the overclock during performance 3d situations
it's not that.

the OC issue randomly fixed itself...no clue why

Back