Riva-tuner and ntune accuracy in vista?

N3mi5is

Gawd
I have a bfg 7950gt OC which I am messing around overclocking again. I was wondering, I know there were problems using these utilities in vista at launch, but are these programs reliable to use for overclocking now? (I use rivatuner to OC and ntune to verify the OC)

What prompted me asking this, is I currently have the ram at 715 (factory bfg OC) and the gpu at 680 on air, according to these programs if they are actually overclocking the card.

I played with the fan at 80% at the above OC in crysis for about an hour and a half with no artifacts/lockups.

EDIT: this is vista 32 bit ultimate btw

EDIT #2: Just installed GPU-Z and it says my GPU and memory is at 0 mhz. It shows the correct default clock but above that in the gpu clock and memory boxes it has 0. ???

Somethings not right, I have the GPU set to 850mhz and my memory at 1075 (both maximum, sliders cannot go higher).

I can change the fan speed no problem, but why won't ntune or rivatuner actually overclock my card??

Edit: sorry for the shitty pic, photobucket shrinks it down too much but you can still make out the clocks according to riva tuner and ntune and gpu-z showing 0 on both

cropped the pic down so you can see.

nvmonitor.jpg

ntune.jpg

rivatuner.jpg

rivatuner1.jpg

Back