ritualistic format for doom3 arrival

doh-nut

Supreme [H]ardness
this is the first doom game in too long and the last doom game, so im going to be performing a ritualistic format of my entire harddrive for the coming of doom3.

and so on the eve of the release i will place my unattended xp cd integrated with service pack 2 rc2 and auto-format option into the cd drive and install. and henceforth the next morn i shall then install doom3, and proceed to play the game with great glee. and it will be good. for doom3 deserves no less of a grand entrance onto my harddrive!

anyone else starting fresh for the doom3 experience?

:D

If I ever get my new system then, yes I probably will. If I don't well eitehr I'll play it a little until I do, or I will just let it sit on my shelf until I do. Are you sure you want to put SP2 RC2 on there? I haven't tried any of the release candidates yet on my system since I'm really not in the mood for formatting since my OS and programs are well established. The next format I want to do will be for a completely new system. However it sounds like a good move if you want to milk the performance out of your system, make sure to defrag regularly as well. Just make sure you format it ritualistically instead of sacrificially, whatever that means.
tongue.gif

ive been running sp2rc2 for a while now, xp has never run better! the windows firewall is also pretty decent now too. not to mention i dont get any spyware using IE.

doh-nut said:
ive been running sp2rc2 for a while now, xp has never run better! the windows firewall is also pretty decent now too. not to mention i dont get any spyware using IE.
Well good to know, I'll have to test it out on a spare drive or something sometime. I'll probably just wait for the official release though.
cool.gif

I usually format every month but I have been holding off for close to 4 months now. I don't think I am going to, unless I get a new HD - been meaning to get a bigger drive.

FiZ said:
I usually format every month but I have been holding off for close to 4 months now. I don't think I am going to, unless I get a new HD - been meaning to get a bigger drive.

Whoa - that's sounds kind of excessive. I've had XP installed for almost 2 years now, and haven't had any reason to reformat since...

CypressTree said:
Whoa - that's sounds kind of excessive. I've had XP installed for almost 2 years now, and haven't had any reason to reformat since...
Heh, yeah. That is the conclusion I came to.

Hehe. For this I am buying a new harddrive. A fresh install on a 74gb raptor for Doom 3 on my pc :D Can't wait.

Back