Rita cost me some points

sandmanx

[H]F Junkie
Anyone else out there effected by the storm? It took me 19.5 hours over wednesday/thursday to evacuate 150 miles. Power is out where I live, but no bad damage from what I've heard.

Oh well. I'm back folding on my laptop, but my other ~15 machines are off right now.

sandmanx said:
Anyone else out there effected by the storm? It took me 19.5 hours over wednesday/thursday to evacuate 150 miles. Power is out where I live, but no bad damage from what I've heard.

Oh well. I'm back folding on my laptop, but my other ~15 machines are off right now.

You know you fold hard when...

We evacuated Wednesday evening up Hwy 59. It took us about 8 hours to get 180 miles. Our friends that came 8 hours later took 16 hours to go the same distance. I'm still folding on my laptop, but my desktop is unplugged and wrapped in plastic. Fortunately, most of my points come from borgs that are located a significant distance farther north. It sounds so far like the damage is minimal in my area (bummer--I wanted the wind to take out the ugly pine tree in our front yard), so we're grateful I'm doubly grateful to mother nature, since I've had two extra days of vacation so far, and the Houston mayor is asking businesses to stay closed for another two days. And we're staying with a whole ton of friends in a giant (10,000 sq ft) gorgeous house, so life is good. We kinda don't want to go back.

sandmanx said:
but my other ~15 machines are off right now.

I think we can let you slip by this time. Not like a certian someone who kills his boxen for a girl coming over. I won't mention names, but he knows who he is. (and I'll NEVER let him live it down)

The important things is that the boxen (and you I guess :p ) are OK.

Well, I'll be back tomorrow, and get most of the work ones back up on Monday. I'm not sure if my place has power, so the other 2 are questionable.

Back