Riser Cards

Shockey

2[H]4U
Hello, I'm looking for a riser card pci-e but I'm not sure which one to choose. I believe i need a right angle one with pci-express. All the one listed on supermicro website are UIO.

Case:SUPERMICRO CSE-503-200B
Mobo:SUPERMICRO MBD-X7SPA-HF-O

What UIO mean and used for???

http://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/Riser/#1U

Thanks for any help guys. :)

Unfortunately the supermicro web page for that case doesn't give any details on what risers exactly you need and neither does the manual. Have you tried giving supermicro a call or email and asking them? From reading about UIO though I don't think it's what that case needs (UIO appears to be a special backwards PCIe card used by supermicro to get better ventilation for the bottom slot in their servers). The documenation is clear as mud though).

What is this system for? is there any particular reason for going for a very shallow 1U case? Have you already bought the bits? It also appears from supermicros website that in that case you can have either a riser or a hard drive but not both!

Last edited:
Unfortunately the supermicro web page for that case doesn't give any details on what risers exactly you need and neither does the manual. Have you tried giving supermicro a call or email and asking them? From reading about UIO though I don't think it's what that case needs (UIO appears to be a special backwards PCIe card used by supermicro to get better ventilation for the bottom slot in their servers). The documenation is clear as mud though).

What is this system for? is there any particular reason for going for a very shallow 1U case? Have you already bought the bits? It also appears from supermicros website that in that case you can have either a riser or a hard drive but not both!

Pfsense firewall. Could use some more ports for test network. I can move the hard drive towards the back of the case. (enough room between mobo and rear of case) Not really mounted just laying in there. Need to find the velcro and strap it down.

Yes i have already bought it. Running right now.

Figured maybe someone on here would know giving the fact that people seem to be building firewall boxes like crazy in networking forum. :p

Think i will shoot them an email. :)

Back