Ripping a DVD (Audio Only)

djnes

Fully [H]
My nephew has some Baby Einstein DVDs that play a constant stream of music. I'd like to rip this to a CD somehow for him to listen to at night when trying to fall asleep. I've seen people talk about it before, but never saw any software apps mentioned to do it. It would be great to specify the chapter, and end up with an mp3 or any other type file that can be burned to CD. Any suggestions?

If you Google "rip dvd audio" you will find a slew of apps that may (or may not) work as advertised. Maybe someone can suggest something specific.

I have occasionally just recorded the audio stream > then edit/save it as wav or mp3 > then burn. I don't know what you have on hand, but I use CoolEdit Pro to record & edit.

mosin said:
You need BeSweet. It is an extremely flexible piece of freeware that will do what you want, plus a lot of other audio related types of ripping. The learning curve is slightly sharper than your usual run of the mill ripper, but only because there are many plugins available. The first DVD that I ripped audio from took a long time, but later I discovered that BeSweet would rip the same file in a very fast way by simply changing a sequence in the process. There are a billion options...well, almost. It is maybe one of the most involved freeware programs out there, and you'll be fascinated, if you like ingenuity as much as I do.

It is definitely good stuff that gets mosin's five winks, except the forum will allow only four to be shown. I'll be sure to complain about that. and a (fake wink)

Must Have!

Get it here, along with enough plugins to keep you busy for a week. Be sure to get the GUI that goes with it.
http://dspguru.doom9.net/
My daughter watches those videos all the time.

Back