right scores for a 6800GT at stock speeds?

robo22

Weaksauce
I just upgraded to a 6800GT from a 9800XT today, and started to do some benchmarking right away. Got a score of around 8500 in 3dmark03 with first run, so I started worrying. Uninstalled display and chipset drivers, removed them with drivers cleaner, and reinstalled them again. Ran 3dmark03 again and got a score of around 11000, and 4500 in 3dmark05. Do these scores seem about right with everything in my sig at stock speeds and with the 67.03 drivers?

I have the 6800 and that is about what I get.

Enjoy your new card

plz if u can help me my scores are in my sig... somethings wrong :confused: just pm me so u dont mess up the thread, only posting cause i have sam e problem

Here's what I did in steps:

1) Uninstall everything nvidia related, including chipset drivers, through the add/remove menu.Unhook your ethernet cable and reboot.
2) Tap F8 on bootup so you can get into safe mode.
3) Once in safe mode, run drivers cleaner on everything nvidia related and then reboot
4) Once back in windows, cancel any hardware detected windows, and install the latest nforce drivers, then reboot.
5) Install the forceware drivers of your choice once you're back in windows. Then reboot one last time.
6) Run your benchmarks and everything should be back to normal.

powerade said:
plz if u can help me my scores are in my sig... somethings wrong :confused: just pm me so u dont mess up the thread, only posting cause i have sam e problem

aquamark is right-on... somethings wrong with 05.. what version drivers are u using? and is aa and af and is set to high performance?

robo22 said:
I just upgraded to a 6800GT from a 9800XT today, and started to do some benchmarking right away. Got a score of around 8500 in 3dmark03 with first run, so I started worrying. Uninstalled display and chipset drivers, removed them with drivers cleaner, and reinstalled them again. Ran 3dmark03 again and got a score of around 11000, and 4500 in 3dmark05. Do these scores seem about right with everything in my sig at stock speeds and with the 67.03 drivers?

Your scores sound correct- 11,000 in 3DMark03 and 4,500 in 3DMark05. I own a 6800 GT. When overclocking it to Ultra speeds @ 420 Mhz Core and 1.20 Ghz Memory, I get about 12,400 in 3D Mark 03 and a bit over 5000 in 3D Mark05. However at stock speeds and with the 66.93 Drivers I get about 10,000-11,000 @ stock speeds. :) Also, just wondering- what kind of scores did you get with the 9800 XT?

I currently have an ATI 8500 that I will be removing in favor for a 6800GT after Christmas. I hear people mentioning "driver cleaner" usage and was wondering where one obtained this program?

TIA

Back