Right Panel window

Ironfoot

n00b
Hi,
I want to build a new computer system and that means a new case. The only thing is, based on my desk layout, for the cool goodies to show, I need a case with the window on the right panel as opposed to the left. Anyone out there have any recommendations?

Thanks!!

You consider the back of the motherboard tray to be a cool goody? :confused: I don't think many commercially available cases have a window on the right side panel since all you would be seeing would be a sheet of metal. If you really want a window on the right then just cut a window in the right panel.

DSCF1471.jpg

complete log here

ThE sHaDoW

jpmkm said:
I don't think many commercially available cases have a window on the right side panel since all you would be seeing would be a sheet of metal. If you really want a window on the right then just cut a window in the right panel.
....um have you ever heard of Lian Li? :rolleyes:

I guess I meant one that had everything flipped, that is to say, the motherboard tray on the left side. I know this is the setup for a few of the case's where there is a wind tunnel, I was just wondering if there were other options or if people had opinions.

Good call on the Lian-li V1000 though, forgotten about that one. Any other's?

jpmkm said:
Yes. Next question.

Are they not comercially available?

Next Question:

Do you realize that many of their cases have inverted mo-bo mounts on the LEFT side so the window is on the RIGHT? :p

Ironfoot...see above

TECHKnight said:
Are they not comercially available?

Next Question:

Do you realize that many of their cases have inverted mo-bo mounts on the LEFT side so the window is on the RIGHT? :p

Ironfoot...see above
Do you realize that there are several hundred cases other than those particular lian li cases? Thus, as I originally stated, not many commercially available cases have this feature.

Turn the computer upside down and install drives upside down....get it?
Mod the bottom (now top) to look nice.
??????? ;)

jpmkm said:
Do you realize that there are several hundred cases other than those particular lian li cases? Thus, as I originally stated, not many commercially available cases have this feature.
Heh, well for that matter then the OP is out of luck...cause not many comercially available cases have windows anyways. To be more specific not many comercially available cases are even ATX. :p

I thought about the flipping over. It wouldn't be too hard I think to drill holes for the feet to invert them and modding the bottom, now top, might be interesting. Only problem I can think of is any case logo's are upside down as well as any top mount ports are blocked. Not a bad Idea though! I appreciate all the idea's, I'm still a little new at this.

Regarding the flipping, what do people think about flipping, say, an Antec P160? That is a decent looking case that might be compatible with flipping.

If you are not willing to chuck out the big bucks for say, a Lian Li, then wait a few months for more BTX cases to be released.

............................guh.
Go Lian Li. OR yeah wait for new case to come onto market.

RAIDMAX Black Aluminum Gaming Case!
OMG I justflipped this one, looks pretty good after you take off feet. Cheap case too.

pics later

I wanted the same thing with my case, a window on the right side… Using a surrogate computer as the frame we flipped the whole thing upside down and as a result ended up with some other interesting elements such as the PSU and optical drives being on the bottom of the case, kind of cool…

Case Photos

That is one sweet looking computer. I'm not that talented, nor do I likely have access to the tools to build something like that, but it looks really nifty! In all seriousness, building my own computer from scratch is certainly an option, but the time/skill needed to do something like that might be out of my abilities.

You got me started on a project. Upside down Raidmax Scorpio case.
I'll post pictures in a while. I flipped it and painted it and am making a new front panel right now....

designedforhell said:
I wanted the same thing with my case, a window on the right side… Using a surrogate computer as the frame we flipped the whole thing upside down and as a result ended up with some other interesting elements such as the PSU and optical drives being on the bottom of the case, kind of cool…

Case Photos
yo yo yo this looks familiar. ;)

http://codeflux.com/mods/lysdexia/

upside1.jpg

So far. It is a Raidmax Scorpio case. Upside down now and I am making a new face plate.
Painted it. You could just use the original face plate too.

was1.jpg

was2.jpg

Or, if you cut it a little you can turn the face plate over too.

I cut 2 120 mm fan holes into the bottom, now top.

Dead thread?

t3.jpg

t1.jpg

I made a new front panel. Almost done, was fun making a upside down PC.

Nice looking box. I might find a box without a covering on the front and flip it. Should be interesting and I'll post pic's once I do.

Back