• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Right-click video file = Screen Blanks for Second. . .

Hurin

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
2,410
Hi guys,

I'm truly at a loss and am about to just reformat and reinstall Windows. Something odd is happening.

Yesterday, I noticed that every time I right-click an AVI or MPEG file, my screen blanks (electronically. . . not the monitor shutting down for a second. . . I see some garbled stuff for a milisecond, and then black, and then it's back. . . all within about a second). It even does it with just a text file re-named to have an AVI or MPEG extension. Right-click-->blackness-->everything back to normal. WTF?

I recently installed my 6800GT. I also installed a printer. I have since uninstalled the printer to try to track this down. But the behavior still persists.

Has anyone else ever seen this behavior? What is causing it? I can live with it, but I'm wondering it if it indicative of anything else more serious being wrong.

Specs are in sig.

Thanks!

H
 
Its testing to see if your TV is connected to the card, if you look closely you will notice a menu item called "Play on my TV" which the nVidia drivers add if you have TV-Out-- its no biggie.
 
inotocracy said:
Its testing to see if your TV is connected to the card, if you look closely you will notice a menu item called "Play on my TV" which the nVidia drivers add if you have TV-Out-- its no biggie.

Thanks man! Sounds right. I'll confirm when I get home.

H
 
I had the same problem with my GT. Is there a way to prevent it from looking for the TV? Mine did it every time I right clicked on my desktop or got into the display settings.
 
Gargoyle_Hunter said:
I had the same problem with my GT. Is there a way to prevent it from looking for the TV? Mine did it every time I right clicked on my desktop or got into the display settings.

Disconnecting the SVideo cable when your not using TV-Out would do the trick I suppose.
 
lots of these 6x.xx drivers on teh 6x00 series of vid cards have had the right click explorer hagn or crash problem.

i still get it now and then its pretty annoying nad ive never even once hooked up anything to my tv out
 
inotocracy said:
Disconnecting the SVideo cable when your not using TV-Out would do the trick I suppose.

Yeah, I've never had anything hooked to the S-VIDEO jack either. Pretty odd.
 
Back
Top