Right click -> Properties on a SSD/HDD takes me to system properties?

Sarra

Weaksauce
I wanted to TRIM my SSD's, as I just removed a lot of old junk, installed some new games, new game mods, and in general, moved stuff around.

I went to my drives, and right clicked my windows drive, and the System Properties popped up, instead of the smaller multi-tabbed drive properties window. wtf

So, I closed the window and tried a different drive. C:, D:, E:, and F: (SSD with windows, laptop drive, 2 TB HDD, and a games SSD) all do the same thing, Windows System Properties opens instead of the drive properties window. My last drive, G:, does open the drive's properties window.

WTF is going on here?

Edit: Sorry, I forgot the important bits: Windows 8.1, currently patched up for the OS.

I wanted to TRIM my SSD's, as I just removed a lot of old junk, installed some new games, new game mods, and in general, moved stuff around.

I went to my drives, and right clicked my windows drive, and the System Properties popped up, instead of the smaller multi-tabbed drive properties window. wtf

So, I closed the window and tried a different drive. C:, D:, E:, and F: (SSD with windows, laptop drive, 2 TB HDD, and a games SSD) all do the same thing, Windows System Properties opens instead of the drive properties window. My last drive, G:, does open the drive's properties window.

WTF is going on here?

Edit: Sorry, I forgot the important bits: Windows 8.1, currently patched up for the OS.

Sounds like a registry corruption. You of course used a 'cleaning tool' and 'repaired' your registry, right? :D

I've seen this happen before where the right click menu defaults to the wrong tab, but never to the wrong window.

WTF is going on here?

Make sure you left click the drive first and then see what happens.

Back