• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Right angled PCIe extender that fits under a GPU?

Smoblikat

Gawd
Joined
May 28, 2020
Messages
563
Hello all, im trying to locate a PCIe ribbon extension that I can have plugged in underneath a GPU (2 slot card covers both X16 slots....great design) and im not having much luck. I found this:
https://www.amazon.com/ADT-Link-90Degree-Extension-R11SL-TL-Extender/dp/B07TBMLKT3?th=1

Which looks similar to what I need, and I translated one of the reviews and it seemed like they said they were using it for a similar purpose as me (they also called it a tablecloth, so im not sure :p ) But that cable is (expensive) limited to X1 PCIe, which doesnt matter a ton especially since the board is PCIe 3, but I would like to use it for a GPU, so at least X8 would be nice.

Anyone know where I could find somthing like that?

Thank you,
Smoblikat
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
what about relocating the first PCIe slot instead, and looping the cable over whatever card you have the second slot?

Thats a really good idea, and would work, but the board is mATX, and I would like to stick to an mATX case, so if I used the ribbon on the first slot, and plugged the GPU in normally to the second slot, I would only have one PCI expansion slot left open for the second dual slot card, which would conflict with some of its I/O :/
 
Back
Top