ridiculously adorable mini tower heatsink 😍

KATEKATEKATE

Limp Gawd
while perusing Microcenter for rpi heatsink for a non-rpi project, I came across this miniscule unit

623080_104554_01_front_thumbnail.jpg

That's a 40mm fan :LOL:

240px-塔式风扇-精-3.jpg

Its baby :cry:

Yes, I know this is pointless overkill for a Pi but I thought it was too hilarious not to share

NightReaver

Limp Gawd
I heard the rgb can increase emulation performance on Pi4 by 18-23%, big if true
I like it though. Reminds me of my 1st aftermarket cooler back on my Q6600. Some cooler master 92mm thing. Followed by a V6 GTS>280mm AIO (original corsair H110)>custom loop.

I'll always have a soft spot for those big tower air coolers. Fond memories of installing them with the mobo already in the case (Some huge TT unit, Xaser III I think) and having to reach around both sides to hold it.

Starfalcon

Limp Gawd
Behold the Tt Superorb, the opposite of your PI heatsink. A bigger and crappier version of the golden orb of core cracking fame. Bought one of these to use on a 1 ghz Tbird back in the day, it was extremely noisy and could not keep the proc from nearly overheating.

Attachments

• superorb.jpg
    superorb.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0

KATEKATEKATE

Limp Gawd
Behold the Tt Superorb, the opposite of your PI heatsink. A bigger and crappier version of the golden orb of core cracking fame. Bought one of these to use on a 1 ghz Tbird back in the day, it was extremely noisy and could not keep the proc from nearly overheating.
ahh the orbz! I remember that craze lol. Wanted one, never had one and I don't think I was missing much in retrospect. I did have a couple "flower" coolers though :cool:
If I'm remembering right, didn't the Orb cooler thing start with people modding HP PA-RISC heatsinks for Athlon, and then Thermaltake jumped in with a native socket A version? Or was that Slot A even? Those were the good 'ol days, when taking a hacksaw or dremel to one's expensive kit was considered 1337 and not low-class :p

Starfalcon

Limp Gawd
The Tt orb coolers started as P3 coolers, I had one on my P3 600 and it was just average. Plus you had to twist the orb to lock it on your cpu tabs, and if you werent careful you could easily crack the core. I swore off Tt heatsinks after getting burned on several bad ones in the socket A days.