ridiculous ammounts of spam emails

Lugztaz

[H]ard|Gawd
In the last month, i get like 5-10 fake Paypal and or Ebay emails a day. Plus all the extra shit, i get like 20 spam messages a day.

Im using my own domain, and outlook 2k3 don't catch shit much anymore.

What can i do to help filter this or stop it?!?!

i personally like forwarding my domain email to gmail, then gmail catches the spam

neat
:p

or do something like forward email from domain to gmail, then use outlook to pop email from gmail and smtp using your domain

i might have to make another email, and use it on the forums. then make another one for my main stuff. :rolleyes:

if you wanna post your email on the forum, post it as a picture with crap all over it like hotmail uses when you sign up
then, its more secure

Install SpamBayes for Outlook.

If you have your own mailserver, and is supports RBL's, configuring to use the more reputable ones makes a big difference.

no, it's a web server that i rent out.

I will try a few things and let u know

I've have used Netriplex for filtering in the past. They do a really good job. They offer a free service. They have pay services depending on how much email you want to filter. It's not very expensive. One customer of mine paid ~$60.00 a month for ~35,000 messages. Not bad at all.

Lugztaz said:
SpamBayes is running, testing that for a few days :cool:

I have a PST file with 12000 messages in it that I classified as SPAM or that it has filtered out for me over the past few years. I point it at a previous year's worth of good mail to train it. After that, it usually misses about 1 or 2 SPAMs per week, and classfies about 20 messages as possible SPAM per week with about 1 false positive per month in that group. I have it set to err to the cautious side on possible SPAM though.

I tried evaluation copies of several software solutions, all of which were poor, until I tried Spam Bully. I especially like the tight integration with Outlook. It has performed wonderfully with only a few spam emails slipping through, and has never mistaken good email for spam during the 14 day trial period.
I've been running it on my Outlook for 2 months and it gets smarter everyday.

Back