Ride Elon Musk's Hyperloop in Virtual Reality

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If you’re expecting to see someone shooting down a tube at hundreds of miles an hour, you will be sorely disappointed. However, this video does give you an idea of how far the Hyperloop concept is coming along—and in 360/VR, no less. The footage was taken during a competition in which university students demonstrated their ideas for viable transportation pods.

Because that's the only way you'll ever be able to. Wonder if they'll put solar roadways next to it...

Because that's the only way you'll ever be able to. Wonder if they'll put solar roadways next to it...

I know, right? How dare anyone attempt to innovate...that reminds me, I have to go feed my horses now. Got work at th' grist mill in th' morn'n!

To be honest it felt seemed a little underwhelming... I wish them good luck though.

"360 video is an extension of video, not VR" - Guido Voltolina Head of VR Capture OZO at Nokia Technologies

"360 video is a bit of the past" - Ted Schilowitz, Futurist, 20th Century Fox

Please dont call 360 video 'VR'

I know, right? How dare anyone attempt to innovate...that reminds me, I have to go feed my horses now. Got work at th' grist mill in th' morn'n!
This was innovated in the 1950s and abandoned because it was a bad idea then and it is a bad idea now. Not every shit that comes out of Musk's mouth is a bar of gold. There is innovation and then there are solar roads and hyperloops.

Someone (prefereably youtube itself) needs to make a good youtube 360 viewer for the Vive.

Back