Riddick now on Steam!!

madFive

metal[H]ead
sweeeeeeeeet!!

Woke up this morning to a very nice surprise!

It's downloading now.

Edit: crap, initial reports indicate Steam version still includes Tages drm... should have looked into this before I decided to purchase. Oh well, hopefully my machine doesn't crash any time soon and I get to enjoy my installs while they last. oops. :mad:

Last edited:
haha nice 1. why you got the impression that the steam version would be any different is beyond me. anyways you learned the hard way. unlucky pal

I still don't understand why Valve decided to allow third-party DRM systems for Steam-distributed games. I understand they want to have the largest catalog possible, but allowing stuff like TAGES and SecuROM shouldn't be a part of that.

I still don't understand why Valve decided to allow third-party DRM systems for Steam-distributed games. I understand they want to have the largest catalog possible, but allowing stuff like TAGES and SecuROM shouldn't be a part of that.

It seems to defeat the very purpose of buying a product over a service like Steam, to say the least.

meh, I probably would have bought it anyways on there. Not having to worry about the physical disks and having the majority of my games in one central location is still worth it for me.

I haven't had to rebuild that system since I first installed steam on there, so hopefully the 3 installs will last a while...

Can't wait to start this game when I get home tonight!

Back