RGB Header Cable

undone

n00b
First post. Regular lurker, but I am running a new pc build and need to find a cable.

So I got me a Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero. And I want to wire the Wraith Prism for the RGB control to the RGB header. Damn manual talks/show a pic of a RGB Header Cable. Anyone have an idea where I could find such cable??? Either I am searching for the wrong name or its a damnable unicorn.

DAMN YOU RGB!

The wraith prism includes 2 cables.

One is a standard USB motherboard 2.0 cable. This allows full control over the rgb. Including the logo, outer ring and fan color.

The rgb cable is also included in the package. It connects from a different connector on the wraith, directly to the motherboard rgb cable header. If you use this cable, you only can control the fan color via the bundled software for your rgb header on the motherboard.

You can't connect via both of these methods. Choose one or the other. Most people want full control, so using the USB 2.0 mobo header cable and the wraith prism control software is the best option.

Yeah I wasnt sure if that RGB cable could be plugged right into the RGB header pins on the motherboard. I have some additional options with the case as well and how its prewired already that I need to explore too. Thanks for clarification on the RGB cable.

No problem.

There are two kinds of rgb headers on some motherboards. My x470 gigabyte has a analog and a digital header. Just do some reading and research and be sure you use the proper header, and it supports the proper voltage. Some digital headers are only 12v or only 5v. The newer high end boards are switchable.

Or just use the us 2.0 header cable for the most control.

Rgb is kind of a mess currently. Nothing syncs very well, and the different software basically fights over control. In some cases it doesn't work at all.

With the gigabyte fusion software installed and controlling the rgb headers, I can't use the prism software to control the cooler through the USB cable. It's all a mess currently and not unique to me. Rgb is in its infancy, and may just be a fad.

Back