Rezound vs. RAZR vs. Skyrocket

Rezound vs. RAZR vs. Skyrocket


  • Total voters
    77
  • Poll closed .

chiu

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 14, 2011
Messages
344
Amazon is doing a $0.01 sale in this thanksgiving holiday. I think a lot of people are struggling to decide one of the following three phones:

- HTC Rezound
- Motorola Droid RAZR
- Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket

I chose HTC Rezound mainly for its *true* 720p, ultra-sharp LCD screen with excellent natural-looking color, among other things.
There are a lot of meat in the spec.

Opinions?
 
Last edited:
? Why would you make a poll that has 2 Verizon exclusives and one AT&T phone?

These are newly released Android superphones that are sold for 1 cent on Amazon. I tried to pick the most representative Android phones of three different manufacturers instead of carriers.

Also I looked at the list of $0.01 phones on Amazon. These are catching my eyes and I am sorry if I missed any other phones.
 
Last edited:
Wow chiu, you really are an HTC shill. I doubted it somewhat, and thought you were just an HTC fanboy. But seeing ANOTHER thread where you plug the craptastic Rezound confirms what everyone was saying.
 
Wow chiu, you really are an HTC shill. I doubted it somewhat, and thought you were just an HTC fanboy. But seeing ANOTHER thread where you plug the craptastic Rezound confirms what everyone was saying.

Don't call me a HTC shill as I ain't. Your posts are not helpful.

This poll is open to public. Just cast a vote to express your opinion.
 
I recently jumped to a Windows 7.5 phone (Focus S), but would choose the Razr had I remained with Android.
 
poll fails, never choose a carrier based on a device you will be bored with in two months, the poll could feature three phones from the same carrier in order to redeem itself. If it aint on Verizon it aint worth havin is my answer.
 
poll fails, never choose a carrier based on a device you will be bored with in two months, the poll could feature three phones from the same carrier in order to redeem itself. If it aint on Verizon it aint worth havin is my answer.

How about we ignore carriers for a while and look at the phones?

The Skyrocket is more or less the same as other Samsung Galaxy S2 phones on other carriers. But I won't consider HTC Rezound is equal to HTC Amaze.
 
Rezound screen is ftw. Higher pixel density than the apple's vaunted "retina" display.
 
Poll/Comparison fail.

Lack of variety of hardware - multiple phones have the same SOC. If you're trying to decide based on form factor, an AT&T only comparison of Galaxy S 2 vs Skyrocket would make more sense.

Multiple carriers - it makes no sense to compare phones on multiple carriers. You choose the carrier that suits your area best, then you choose the mobile OS you're interested in, then you pick a phone.

A solid poll would have all phones on the same carrier with a solid variety of hardware, so the natural third choice here should have been the Galaxy Nexus or no third choice at all.

How about we ignore carriers for a while and look at the phones?

The Skyrocket is more or less the same as other Samsung Galaxy S2 phones on other carriers. But I won't consider HTC Rezound is equal to HTC Amaze.

This makes no sense. Verizon does not have a SGS2 variant and never will.

Also, the Skyrocket is not more or less the same as the SGS2 at all. It has the same SOC as the Rezound. It might as well be "more or less the same as the Rezound." It does not have the Exynos, which is one of the largest selling points of the SGS2 to a technology enthusiast.

P.S. The Rezound is so fat it has it's own zip code.
 
Poll/Comparison fail. ... A solid poll would have all phones on the same carrier with a solid variety of hardware, so the natural third choice here should have been the Galaxy Nexus or no third choice at all.

Cleary, you care about the carriers more than the hardware. But this is not the purpose of this poll.


This makes no sense. Verizon does not have a SGS2 variant and never will.

Verizon will have Nexus Prime.


A solid poll would have all phones on the same carrier with a solid variety of hardware, so the natural third choice here should have been the Galaxy Nexus or no third choice at all.

You won't get a 1-cent deal with Galaxy Nexus. Not in this thanksgiving holiday, at least.


Also, the Skyrocket is not more or less the same as the SGS2 at all. It has the same SOC as the Rezound. It might as well be "more or less the same as the Rezound." It does not have the Exynos, which is one of the largest selling points of the SGS2 to a technology enthusiast.


You really think the CPU difference is a lot but in reality the difference is kind of small.


P.S. The Rezound is so fat it has it's own zip code.

For me, it is just as thick as my iPhone 3gs. Thus I am okay with the thickness.
After all, Rezound feels great on my hand. The difference in thickness means little to me.

But for those who care about the thickness, Samsung does a good job in this regard.
 
Last edited:
How about we ignore carriers for a while and look at the phones?

The Skyrocket is more or less the same as other Samsung Galaxy S2 phones on other carriers. But I won't consider HTC Rezound is equal to HTC Amaze.

because they cannot be compared without taking carrier into account.......what if I insist or get best service where I live from Verizon, but I like the ATT handset? I get a Verizon handset. I don't get an ATT handset. What you ask is both pointless and illogical.

Cleary, you care about the carriers more than the hardware. But this is not the purpose of this poll.

clearly you fail at simple comprehension. no matter how much i think a handset is neat, i will never choose a handset by itself....it doesn't happen, these are not Wifi tablets. Ask about wifi tablets, that are not coupled to carriers, then you have a proper poll.

i could think the ATT was the best phone ever made, but I will never even consider it because of ATT. If I could have that particular phone on any network, it would be a completely different discussion.
 
because they cannot be compared without taking carrier into account.......what if I insist or get best service where I live from Verizon, but I like the ATT handset? I get a Verizon handset. I don't get an ATT handset. What you ask is both pointless and illogical.

This poll is not designed to serve your needs. This poll is designed to compare the newly released smartphones in the 1 cent deal on Amazon.
 
All are good phones overall, but I'd still take the Samsung G S2 over the others. Bootloader unlocked trumps all. Fuck HTC and their locking their phones. HTCdev.com is bullshit. It doesn't fully unlock squat.

Beats audio is a gimmick and Sense is shit so no S-OFF on Rezound means I'll never touch it or the RAZR because Motorola can suck it too.
 
This poll is not designed to serve your needs. This poll is designed to compare the newly released smartphones in the 1 cent deal on Amazon.

**nevermind....i see you are perpetuating this thread even though you already posted in another thread that you already bought the Rezound....**

obviously a troll thread
 
Last edited:
This is actually an interesting poll to me.
I'm currently on AT&T with iPhone 3GS, out of contract. I'm open to any carrier right now and tempted to move over to Verizon because my AT&T network sucks.

I was all set to get the Nexus Prime since that was attracting all the buzz. Since that launch has been a complete debacle I was tempted to go for iPhone 4S but this Amazon $0.01 thing has caught my attention. While I was not considering any of the $0.01 phones the question essentially is whether the Nexus or iPhone 4S are worth $300 more!

Decisions....
 
This is actually an interesting poll to me.
I'm currently on AT&T with iPhone 3GS, out of contract. I'm open to any carrier right now and tempted to move over to Verizon because my AT&T network sucks.

I was all set to get the Nexus Prime since that was attracting all the buzz. Since that launch has been a complete debacle I was tempted to go for iPhone 4S but this Amazon $0.01 thing has caught my attention. While I was not considering any of the $0.01 phones the question essentially is whether the Nexus or iPhone 4S are worth $300 more!

Decisions....

At 1 cent, the HTC Rezound is probably the phone you want. I don't think the Galaxy Nexus is worth $299.98 more.

But it's only 1 cent if you are adding a line. Contract extensions do not count.

P.S. Despite Beats being "gimmick," you are actually getting some decent headbuds.
 
At 1 cent, the HTC Rezound is probably the phone you want. I don't think the Galaxy Nexus is worth $299.98 more.

But it's only 1 cent if you are adding a line. Contract extensions do not count.

P.S. Despite Beats being "gimmick," you are actually getting some decent headbuds.

I'd say (if you're a new customer or adding a line) just get the Rezound/RAZR for now and when the Nexus comes out, sell the phone toward a Nexus. I'd say the difference would still be considerably less than $300 so you'd save a bit from buying the phone on contract still. Or maybe you can get lucky and find someone willing to trade the Rezound/RAZR for the Nexus and pay very little or nothing towards it.

I wish that was at least an option for me though :(. *Shakes fist at Amazon/Verizon*
 
Works fine for my Evo 3D. That being said, i voted the samsung too.

Yeah it unlocks but leaves you S-ON. Sorry, I want S-OFF for FULL access to the hardware I OWN.

S-OFF is needed in order to access things like SIM unlock and in some cases recovery and updating the system radios.
 
This is actually an interesting poll to me.
I'm currently on AT&T with iPhone 3GS, out of contract. I'm open to any carrier right now and tempted to move over to Verizon because my AT&T network sucks.

I was all set to get the Nexus Prime since that was attracting all the buzz. Since that launch has been a complete debacle I was tempted to go for iPhone 4S but this Amazon $0.01 thing has caught my attention. While I was not considering any of the $0.01 phones the question essentially is whether the Nexus or iPhone 4S are worth $300 more!

Decisions....


It sounds like you already made your mind up to move to verizon, so the att phone is of no interest. Why would you consider a phone if it is restricted to a network you yourself said sucks? Their network isn't suddenly going to get better just because they come out with a neato phone bro. That's why this poll sucks, you have to decide what network you are going to be on, then decide what phone, that runs on that network, is best for you. The value of a phone cannot be judged without taking into account the network. Unless you buy phones as non-functional fashion accessories.
 
I think the rezound is the best of those 3. But I would choose based on carrier first.
 
I'd say (if you're a new customer or adding a line) just get the Rezound/RAZR for now and when the Nexus comes out, sell the phone toward a Nexus. I'd say the difference would still be considerably less than $300 so you'd save a bit from buying the phone on contract still. Or maybe you can get lucky and find someone willing to trade the Rezound/RAZR for the Nexus and pay very little or nothing towards it.

I wish that was at least an option for me though :(. *Shakes fist at Amazon/Verizon*
Ok, that's actually a genius idea!

Unfortunately, one of those contact extension people...
 
It sounds like you already made your mind up to move to verizon, so the att phone is of no interest. Why would you consider a phone if it is restricted to a network you yourself said sucks? Their network isn't suddenly going to get better just because they come out with a neato phone bro. That's why this poll sucks, you have to decide what network you are going to be on, then decide what phone, that runs on that network, is best for you. The value of a phone cannot be judged without taking into account the network. Unless you buy phones as non-functional fashion accessories.

Many people choose a phone first, before choosing a carrier. If you are not one of them, sorry this poll is not for you. I have to say that this thread is not designed for people like you.

Please leave us alone.
 
Many people choose a phone first, before choosing a carrier. If you are not one of them, sorry this poll is not for you. I have to say that this thread is not designed for people like you.

Please leave us alone.

This poll sucks for the exact reasons nobody_here stated. I don't know where you get people pick phone then carrier.

We know Sprint has spotty coverage, WiMax is a huge failure, and 3G is struggling hard after adding iPhone to their air waves. T-Mobile isn't much better. We know AT&T's network blows chunks. Verizon has the best coverage period for both 3G and 4G networks. That type of information and the cost of a monthly plan definitely have a lot of say in what phone gets picked.

I'm not leaving Verizon especially after multiple good years with them and getting my unlimited 4G data plan. However, I don't want those locked pieces of crap called the HTC Rezound and Droid RAZR. So what do I do then? You left off quite a few other phones that can compete with any of the phones you listed.

Poll is so full of fail it's sad really.
 
This poll sucks for the exact reasons nobody_here stated. I don't know where you get people pick phone then carrier.

We know Sprint has spotty coverage, WiMax is a huge failure, and 3G is struggling hard after adding iPhone to their air waves. T-Mobile isn't much better. We know AT&T's network blows chunks. Verizon has the best coverage period for both 3G and 4G networks. That type of information and the cost of a monthly plan definitely have a lot of say in what phone gets picked.

I'm not leaving Verizon especially after multiple good years with them and getting my unlimited 4G data plan. However, I don't want those locked pieces of crap called the HTC Rezound and Droid RAZR. So what do I do then? You left off quite a few other phones that can compete with any of the phones you listed.

Poll is so full of fail it's sad really.

No one is interested in your relationship with Verizon. I picked these phone because they have just released to the market in November. As I said, if you are not one of the people who are interested in these three phones, please leave.
 
No one is interested in your relationship with Verizon. I picked these phone because they have just released to the market in November. As I said, if you are not one of the people who are interested in these three phones, please leave.

And no one is interested in you continuously pimping the locked Rezound which runs a gimmick for audio that has already been ported out to many other HTC phones.
 
And no one is interested in you continuously pimping the locked Rezound which runs a gimmick for audio that has already been ported out to many other HTC phones.

For the record, im also not interested in your continual hating of the Rezound, what I believe to be the best android phone you can buy today.
 
For the record, im also not interested in your continual hating of the Rezound, what I believe to be the best android phone you can buy today.

For the record where have I ever said I hate the Rezound? It's great hardware and if I could get an unlocked one so I could kill off Sense and get timely updates I would. However, HTC is quickly becoming the next Motorola so chances are that won't happen.

I do hate (as do many others) the overhype some HTC shills have drummed up about the Rezound and Beats.
 
Yeah it unlocks but leaves you S-ON. Sorry, I want S-OFF for FULL access to the hardware I OWN.

S-OFF is needed in order to access things like SIM unlock and in some cases recovery and updating the system radios.

Not sure why this would be an issue for most people rooting considering i can flash any roms and/or kernals. I still consider this a step in the right direction.
 
Many people choose a phone first, before choosing a carrier. If you are not one of them, sorry this poll is not for you. I have to say that this thread is not designed for people like you.

Please leave us alone.

For the record I have never in my life known a single solitary person to choose a phone first without considering the network/service. If they do exist those people are idiots and fools. it would be like buying an expensive set of wheels and tires for a vehicle you don't yet own, you may end up with a vehicle they do not fit on.....

doing what you describe leads to two outcomes, you A. wasted money on a phone you can't use because you have no service (how cool is the phone now brah?) or B. you end up with a phone you like and signed a two year contract on a network that could turn out to be junk, making your phone worthless (again making the phone worthless)

....the phone cannot exist without the carrier, why is that so hard to understand? you cannot get it for a penny(or the promotional price whatever it is) without choosing a carrier, so you HAVE to take carrier into account. If you choose to ignore the carrier and spend say $200 on a phone that is subsidized, just because you like the phone, you in effect chose the carrier in the most foolish way possible.

why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and go buy a Rezound off contract, since you are only buying a phone, since the carrier doesn't factor into this, you aren't interested in the carrier remember? so go ahead, go spend $600+ on a phone so you can have a cool phone without the carrier.....then go get service from the carrier that works best where you live. UH OH!!! the phone doesn't work on the best carrier where you live!!??? OH MY GOSH, you spent $600 on a phone you can't use! Oh well, it's a cool phone right!
 
Last edited:
For the record I have never in my life known a single solitary person to choose a phone first without considering the network/service. If they do exist those people are idiots and fools.

Many people choose a phone first before choosing a carrier, and they are not idiots or fools. If you are not one of them, sorry this poll is not for you. I have to say that this thread is not designed for people like you.
 
Back
Top