Rewiring my PSU

Silent Assasin

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
1,120
Ok, so I just finished sleeving my PSU cables for my new case build. This was my first time ever even removing the molex connectors..... But anyway, as I sleeved each section of cable on the PSU, I put the standard 4 pin molex connector back onto the wires. I made sure of the 5v/7v red and yellow cables were on the correct ends of the plugs, but then just now as I finished and stepped back to look at my job, I thought about the 2 black ground cables..... Do these cables need to be the in the same location of every single connection in the chain? I doubt that I got all of them exactly right.....

- - - -connection 1
I I I I
I I I I
I X I The X represents the cross in the line.... Does this matter or not?
I I I I
I I I I
- - - - connection 2
 
does anyone know this answer?

I've redone some of the wireing already, but it's a major pain to figure out which wire goes in and which one comes out through the sleeving. I'd rather just leave the other 2 lines alone if possible...
 
All of your grounds (black) go back to the same place. You're fine.
 
Thanks again Jonny. That's kind of what I thought but thought I'd get some professional help.
 
Back
Top