Revolution Revealed!

rogue3092 said:
Looks pretty good, but I'm not too impressed after seeing the PS3. Also not looking forward to playing all of 5 good games that come out for it, just like the GC :p

Bullshit.....they had ports of many of the major successful third party games, and in terms of exclusive games, Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 are the two best games of this generation. Many of the Nintendo franchise games (Sunshine, Wind Waker, so on) were spectacular, they have the best multiplayer games of the generation (Smash Bros., Mario Kart, so on). I have all three major consoles, of course, a PSP, GBASP, DS, and a proficient gaming PC. I play my GBA and GC more than anything else.

figgie said:
I have sound.

Currently they are talking about sales...

no revolution yet. :/

edi:; actually some guy is mixing the Nintendo DS sounds with music live. Intresting mix.

What player are you using to play it? No sound fo rme with media player 9 or bsplayer :(

WMP10

edit: Nintendogs?? Any info?

ahh crap another neo pet type game..... :/

sethmo said:
What player are you using to play it? No sound fo rme with media player 9 or bsplayer :(
I got no sound my first time, got sound when I reconnected.
WMP 10.

sethmo said:
Dang still no sound, guess I will just lip read :D

not missing anything.

They are talking about Nintendogs and i think Mr Miyamoto popped up.

Dang what the heck is that little "game boy" Looks the size of an old Nintendo controller!

Gameboy Micro announced. Plays gameboy games -- no mention of GBA yet.
Er, kind of disappointing. Just a gameboy with a tiny tiny screen.

Faceplates, etc for it.

Nintendo Game Boy Micro

1/3 size and 2/3 the weight of Ipod Mini.

ahh boo grey screen!!! :mad:

DS
Golden Eye: Rogue agent
Spyro: Shaow Legacy

going to fast... lol

Prototype of Revolution, about the size of a hardcover book.
Final version will be smaller.

Meh. I want to see games. I'm not making ANY console purchase until late 2k6/mid 2k7, so I can see which one has the better gameplay/features. Sure, I like the xbox360's live idea, but if this SD-card-like Revolution has the publishers, that is where my (signifigantly smaller) chunk of money will go.

Is it me or is it this guy really has nothing to say, but is going to stand up there and pull smoke and mirrors and spereculation for the next hour?

debello_64 said:
Is it me or is it this guy really has nothing to say, but is going to stand up there and pull smoke and mirrors and spereculation for the next hour?
Welcome to the world of PR. It'll be blah blah blah for 45 minutes or so, then little tidbits, then something juicy at the end.

debello_64 said:

I guess you didn't see the Xbox 360 "debut" did ya. ;)

Metroid back again in Nintendo revolution (logical that it would be).

But hey, who gives a fuck what the games are, as long as the console looks good.

The XBox is by far the least aesthetically pleasing of the current three but is by far the best of the current three (not saying much, but still). Looks are definitly indicative of quality, that's for sure :/

hikeskool said:
But hey, who gives a fuck what the games are, as long as the console looks good.

The XBox is by far the least aesthetically pleasing of the current three but is by far the best of the current three (not saying much, but still). Looks are definitly indicative of quality, that's for sure :/

I think you forgot to add [/sarcasm] ;)

Wait... maybe the Revolution isn't a console... maybe it a masterplan. Nintendo is going to release the GB Mini in hopes that everyone will buy one, and play for days on end. When no one can no longer see from squinting at the screen the Nintendo Army will invade and make everyone take there PS2's and Xbox's out into the streets and burn them...... Then force everyone to play Nintendogs..

I see through your evil plots Nintendo.

hikeskool said:

Hmm last time i checked this was a revolution revealed thread. What pray tell does the xbox have to do with revealing the revolution???

All for cube

Battalion wars.
Giest
Killer 7
Batman Begins
Pokemon KD.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Spartan: Total Warriors
Mario Party 7
WWE Day of reckoning 2
Super Mario Strikers (soccer)
Shawdow The Hedge Hog

bipolar said:
lol @ DDR: Mario Mix

agreed.. hehe

Zelda sentcils... damn sound!!!

Anyone watching the Zelda Vid???

edit:: is THAT the memory or what is that. i know it is an SD card.... but what is it??

figgie said:
Hmm last time i checked this was a revolution revealed thread. What pray tell does the xbox have to do with revealing the revolution???

I'm simply pointing out that the looks of the console don't mean anything, citing the Xbox's currecnt superiority despite being the least-aesthetically pleasing.

hikeskool said:
I'm simply pointing out that the looks of the console don't mean anything, citing the Xbox's currecnt superiority despite being the least-aesthetically pleasing.

Once more this is a revolution thread. Xbox has NOTHING to do with the Ninetendo revolution. Once again and read carefully.

What exactly does the xbox have to do with THIS revolution thread. I will answer for you. Nothing. It is off topic ;). Any more generalized statements. Take em else where.

I have to say Zelda looks good, I like the black piano finish of the Rev. But that is 30 mins of my life I will never get back.

figgie said:
agreed.. hehe

Zelda sentcils... damn sound!!!

Anyone watching the Zelda Vid???

edit:: is THAT the memory or what is that. i know it is an SD card.... but what is it??

No, that was a DS card that had the entire Zelda vid on it that everyone in the audience is getting in their press kits.

BTW, I'm kinda disappointed they didn't show the controller. They have to be going all wireless with this considering the size and layout.

figgie said:
Once more this is a revolution thread. Xbox has NOTHING to do with the Ninetendo revolution. Once again and read carefully.

What exactly does the xbox have to do with THIS revolution thread. I will answer for you. Nothing. It is off topic ;). Any more generalized statements. Take em else where.

It's a simple connection between the current consoles and the new Nintendo one.

hikeskool said:
It's a simple connection between the current consoles and the new Nintendo one.

again what does the current gamecube console have to do with the revolution reveal aside that nintendo makes both??

now you are simply grabbing at straws blindly.

figgie said:
again what does the current gamecube console have to do with the revolution reveal aside that nintendo makes both??

now you are simply grabbing at straws blindly.

the revolution is backward compatible, i'd say that's a pretty strong link

sn2op said:
the revolution is backward compatible, i'd say that's a pretty strong link

? in what relation to the Revolution being REVEALED does it make a connection?? This thread is about the revolution being revealed. Where do you guys get the backwards compatability is the same as the revolution being reveleaed.. Do you guys read what the damn topic says or you post blindly without a train of thought??? :confused:

Hopefully this one is easier to dev for (the main problem with the cube, it was reported to be rather difficult to develop games for it, as well the small didsks were proprietory, so devs stepped away from it) it looks like they went to normal sized disks, which means DVD playback, which is nice, and ya, teh lighted up slot looks nice.

Hate_Bot said:
Hopefully this one is easier to dev for (the main problem with the cube, it was reported to be rather difficult to develop games for it, as well the small didsks were proprietory, so devs stepped away from it) it looks like they went to normal sized disks, which means DVD playback, which is nice, and ya, teh lighted up slot looks nice.

From what I heard the GameCube was a dream to develop for. And I hear that the Revolution will also be easy to develop for.

For your information disc type/size has nothing to do with the difficulty of developing a game.

Actually, the only complaints that devs had was the 1.5gig disc. The Gamecube was the easiest to develop for out of all the systems (Open GL I believe). However, the X-box wasn't too hard either, because it's basically a 700mhz PC, so a lot of ports were made in weeks.

Back