Revolution or Thunderbolt

I'm tempted to say F it and get the X2 too, but I can also see Verizon saying no unlimited for you two years from now too. I admit, my 3gs is often in some type of charger when I"m on the go, but even with somewhat heavy use I haven't gone past 50% in a days use. It just seems pointless to get a phone that can't get past 8 hours idle, and the Charge isn't worth 300.

In the same situation but leaning towards the Thunderbolt. My Droid 1 has all but had it, so this has become a necissity. Really, really wanted an iPhone 5 but not going to be able to wait that long.

Will go to the Vz store later to take a closer look. LOL, watch me come back with an iPhone 4 instead

Um. What's wrong with the screen? It looked fantastic to me.

I'm confused. I can't for the life of me understand how a DX1 would be better than a DX2.

The screen is fantastic, except when it isn't. Small text and blocks of color like green often look like they've been put displayed as a series of dots.
BUT, I've decided that LTE is not ready yet (in terms of battery life) so I thing the DX2 is the best 3G option and I'm growing used to it. It's a great phone for the most part.

BUT, I've decided that LTE is not ready yet (in terms of battery life) so I thing the DX2 is the best 3G option and I'm growing used to it. It's a great phone for the most part.

Has anyone else tried 4G in different areas? I live in Los Angeles and the 4G coverage is excellent, so much so that I never lose the signal and I don't use wifi at all anymore because it actually drains my battery faster than when on 4G.

Now I drove down to San Diego for a few days last week, which also has 4G coverage. My battery charge dropped like a rock though, at least twice as fast as in LA.

So it is not the fault of the phone or battery from what I can tell, but more so how good the 4G signal is where you are at.

I could never go back to 3G regardless, that is for damn sure. If Verizon wireless was truly unlimited as in 100+gb/month without issue, I'd probably take the 50% speed decrease from my home FioS and just use my phone exclusively.

screenshot17k.png

64536350.png

Thunderbolt hands down. Just upgraded a few days ago from the Incredible. Same CPU, but more ram and much bigger screen. It also looks a little more vibrant and seems to run smoother than the Incredible.

I looked at the Revolution and went with the Thunderbolt for a couple reasons:

1. I like an HTC phone more than LG
2. 768mb of ram..I think the Rev is 500mb
3. Thunderbolt came with 32gb SD card, twice that of Revolution
4. Better camera - 8mp vs 5mp
5. Front and rear camera vs no front camera
6. I like the Sense UI

Well, thanks for all the input guys. I ended up getting the Droid Charge. Wasn't planning on spending the extra 50 bucks, but oh well. Now to see how I like it. I think the first order of business is to root it, and remove some crap, but it does seem pretty fast as it is.

I would say Thunderbolt.. I've always liked HTC phones and the kickstand on it is nice.

The kickstand should have put in hinged the opposite direction. When you use the kickstand horizontally the charging port cant be used. Would it have been so hard to just flip this around?

Back