reviving an older system

Erganomulos

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 19, 2001
Messages
213
I have been out of the build-game for awhile....

I have in storage an evga 790i ftw mobo that I'd like to keep... maybe. 1000w power supply and 8gig ddr3

I dont need the best, but I want to make sure that my new components will be compatible.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 Processor 3.0 GHz 12 MB Cache Socket LGA775
EVGA GeForce GTX760

I think with these upgrades, I can play games like Skyrim, Wildstar, etc with the graphics on high?
 
evaerything seems to check out except the board is pci express 2.0 and you have a pci express 3.0 card
 
Your parts are compatible. The GTX 760 will work because the PCI Express technology is backwards compatible.

The Core 2 Quad Q9650 may become a performance bottleneck, but how much it impacts you will vary based on the game and whether or not you overclock the processor. I can't give you an accurate "guestimate" on your overall gaming performance as most GPU benchmarks use relatively modern processors (released within the past two or three years).

What resolution are you using? What level of graphics quality do you prefer while gaming?

Which PSU are you (re-) using? How old is it?

(Are you buying the Q9650 new? Or within a few dollars of its original street price?)
 
Back
Top