Reviving a legend: Voodoo PC Rage

I've always admired Falcon Northest, Voodoo (pre HP) and Alienware (pre Dell). Not so much for the hardware since everythings an off the shelf part but the unique design aesthetic that each offered. By far my favorite design would be this Voodoo Rage case. Voodoo originally put a lightbox to illuminate the top logo, but I decided to mount an Asetek/H50 unit up there. I had to fabricate a custom mount for the 120mm radiator as well as a custom LED ring to illuminate it. Its a real tight fit up there.

I'm not too happy with todays cases. Modern case designs are leaning towards the huge monolith, tool-less everything, molded plastic look. They may be great for cooling and expansion but everything taken way out of proportion. I miss these old dinosaurs. Thats why I collect them.

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

Here are some more icons I've collected:
IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome cases, and I've always admired your original WC loop. How can you stand using those loud azz 80mm fans though?

Very nice as always. Seeing your CM with the glass front when I first found this forum was the reason I got into this hobby.

After I saw the LANAGEDDIN episode of PurePwnage where Jeremy gets a VooDoo I have lusted after them. Again not because of the computer, but because of the amazing craftsmanship that went into the cases. Falcon Northwest was usually cool as well, but nothing was ever at the level of VooDoo.

Awesome find on that case, and I have to agree that most new cases coming out are absolute junk. For my main PC I don't need a million drive expansion bays and other things, just enough room for my DVD drive, and a couple SATA disks. The rest should be open with lots of places to tuck cables, watercooling, or long graphics cards. If only the corsair 800D wasn't such a monster it would be the perfect case.

I agree with the OP on how most new cases just are not pleasing to the eye. Although Lian-Li, and Silver Stone still make nice cases. Really though, in my opinion, they are the only two that do anymore. Silver Stone still makes and sells the cases that Falcon use. My next build/upgrade I think I will be getting one.

I think that voodoo case IS a lian-li case.

The door hinge and bearing mechanism, texture of the aluminum and folds in the sheet, shape and hole pattern on those 3.5/5.5 bays, dvd faceplate, all point to lian-li oem/custom.

I have one of velocity micro's higher end case and I'm 100% certain those were made by lian-li as well.

I have to agree I always did like the Voodoo cases as well but they were always way overpriced especially seeing how during there hey days I was only like 10-15 building my own computers (had to stick with the cheap generic cases).

I don't voodoo has even made a new PC since the Blackbird 01 for HP have they?

This was Voodoo's last true desktop PC.

Fucking gorgeous.

gallery_omen_1024x768_1.jpg

gallery_omen_800x600_5.jpg

gallery_omen_800x600_6.jpg

gallery_omen_1024x768_2.jpg

I was actually saving up to get this... But it was only offered for about 2 months and only to previous registered Voodoo owners.

Voodoo was run from my city and I was friends of friends of the founders. I liked some of their designs but I couldn't stand the tribal logos and motifs. It seems totally incongruous to me with the modern and sleek look and reminded me only of the ugly tattoos some people sport.

That new case was estimated to retail for about 4k... IF you could get your hands on one. But by god that thing is sexy. Clean, straight edges, glass fronted LCD, integrated 4x something water cooling. copper pipes to get it to around your CPU/GPU. Push tab sata drives.

Its the sheer definition of a clean looking case and voodoo wiregami.

Id personally have pr0n playing on that external display, thats how sexy it is.

Nice case collection. There are some really nice cases that are rare to find these days. Nice to see someone collecting them.

I miss Voodoo and AlienWare. HP ran Voodoo into the ground, and the same can be said with Dell and AlienWare. The ONLY company I would EVER even consider buying a pre-built system from is Falcon NW.

On Voodoo's last PC... did anyone ever actually buy/recieve one?

All I've ever seen is those renders/pics. Never an actual box. Well, that and some HP images of prototypes and such.

Last edited:
Always wanted one of those Voodoo cases, some of there cases were based off Lian-Li models.

I love this case! I have my own as well - The PSU and one HDD are the only remnants of Voodoo's efforts, as well as (some) of their beautiful wire management. Definitely a shame to have had that company be assimilated into HP and torn apart like it was.

Last edited:
voodoo made some good rigs in their time lol, glad to see what you've done with it looks good.

Nah, this my current setup now. I rotate between Voodoo, Falcon NW and Alienware setups every 1-2 years. I have matching speakers, keyboard and mouse for each theme.

That's awesome. What desk is that? It's held up rather well over the years.

Dammit. All the desks I like are from Ikea. Nearest one being 300 miles away.

Shit. I wish I could get a new desk.

My Dad built mine like 15 years ago and it's a little too short and a little too narrow, but there's no way I could use anything else.

Back