Reviews with incorrect information

bitgod

Gawd
It's really annoying when you see multiple reviews on products, in this case video cards, and things mentioned or shown in the review isn't what you get when you buy it. Like in the past, I don't remember which card it was, maybe my 9800pro, I'd see these pics of a cool Sapphire HSF on the card, but what you get in reality is something else.

Or like now, I've seen more than one review for the BFG 7800GTX mention that it comes with FarCry. I finally realised the other day that I didn't see a copy in my box, so I went checking the box, nothing there, no mention of it on the box or wrapping, oh well. Then I see a new review for the card today, and again it mentions it has FarCry with it, geeze. It's not the end of world an all, but I wish someone, either the companies putting out these cards, or the websites doing the reviews, would have the correct info. If there were plans for FarCry to come with it, and those plans changed before the retail release, then I'd hope BFG would send some kind of notification to websites that may have gotten review units that what ships with the card changed, or that maybe there was some initial shipment of them (ala Spiderman 2 with the PSP) that has bonus items in it, and I would hope the website would include that info.

Not singling BFG out, just sayin...

Back