Reviewer's dream case?

ManUtdFan

n00b
Hi guys,

I recently read a news item here at HardOCP, naming a "reviewer's dream case". It was for sale at an American site, and was constructed like two shelves with easy access to all internal compunents. I would greatly appreciate it if any of you guys could provide me with the link to this case - unfortunately I'm a little vague on the details and I can't find it in HardOCP's news archive...

Thanks beforehand! :)

senfu tech station is what I think you're looking for. I haven't seen them in awhile but it's basically an erector set with some shelves. If the bare industrial look is your thing, just build your own. A couple pieces of aluminium, some jbweld and 4 L brackets should get your started. And before I get flamed for jbweld, go check Mashie's thread. If it's good enough for the [H]ardest modder in the UK, damn it, it's good enough for you.

I've thought about the same thing but am now leaning more towards the computer in a table or hanging on a wall route.

woodix said:
I've thought about the same thing but am now leaning more towards the computer in a table or hanging on a wall route.
i thought about that too, wondering how water cooling would look on it, but im a bit concerned about dust

I think you should only consider getting it if you are really a reviewer or has a water cooling setup. I had one, while it was pretty neat to be able to setup a system with. It was a hassel to have to clean the dust off of every components on a weekly basis. Maybe because I am also somewhat clumsy, it was really uncomfortable working next to a computer that I can't touch while running. And when I want to move it, I had to be extra careful because nothing is screwed down.

Back