review my forum

CMDeane

n00b
Hey I am the webmaster of this website, can you guys tell me what this site is missing or needs in order to be successful or more so?

Thanks
Chris

nb.jpg

Uh ... content?

Some sort of focus perhaps?

You have so many freaking topics that there is no way for your userbase to grow. Everyone is going to be so spread out that no one is going to form any real ties to your community.

Communities should grow. So start small with just a couple core topics. Make some really good informative threads that talk about your niche market and slowly grow your community by adding topics it requests.

Some sort of focus perhaps?

You have so many freaking topics that there is no way for your userbase to grow. Everyone is going to be so spread out that no one is going to form any real ties to your community.

Communities should grow. So start small with just a couple core topics. Make some really good informative threads that talk about your niche market and slowly grow your community by adding topics it requests.

I tried to make it broad so it could accomodate all sorts of people but im finding that the most people who come in are for computer help and networking problems

had a few come in for comptia certs and book reviews i dont know its a mixed bag

You may want to post some articles on your homepage and then link into the boards. When I'm searching for something I want to see articles from a site. If I like them, and they have a forum I'll stick around.

Both Mike and Xenarchy are right, the sight lacks content and focus. There are already plenty of forums out there, what makes yours any different or would attract any users away from here or SA or experts-exchange or anand or any of the other places that have a large community already?

real constructive ya jerk
;) :rolleyes:

Sorry, but that's exactly what it needs. Content is what makes people visit websites.

It's just a forum, right now. There's few users, no interesting conversations, and so on. Like Xenarchy is sayin', there's little context, too. When I arrive there, I don't even know what the forum is about. "Networking" is a big subject, and can mean anything.

A little too much white for me. I get blinded when visiting it.

The "Introduce Yourself" forum is a good idea. You're just supposed to jump right in and post something relevant in one of the forums, but many like to introduce theirselves. This way, newcomers don't get discouraged by the friendly, but firm comment of, "We don't do that here, just post!".

I like that you have a forum specifically for browsing (although there's not a lot participating in it at the moment). However, some will probably post about stuff in the Applications forum. The browser forum is listed way down the way.

"Blogs\HTML Help" just doesn't sound appealing. What if this forum was called "Blogs\HTML help & Programming".

Not sure what it is exaclty, but I don't care for the descriptions for each forum. Maybe it's your use of questions in the descriptions.

In short, it doesn't draw me in at the moment.

Back