Review: Logitech V500 Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse

fords8

Gawd
2FA
Joined
May 18, 2002
Messages
528
The V500 is a sleek, innovative, and practical wireless optical mouse that performs as good as it looks. The price is a little high, but even the most frugal shopper will have trouble resisting this beauty.

Reviewed @ Laptoplogic.com
 
looks pretty sweet...though $70 for a laptop mouse is kind of expensive...I think i'll stick with my explorer 3.0
 
for $80CDN i would rather just get a bluetooth mouse and have everything completly, wireless and dongle less. but thats if i had a lappy with built in bluetooth
 
klowngoblin said:
for $80CDN i would rather just get a bluetooth mouse and have everything completly, wireless and dongle less. but thats if i had a lappy with built in bluetooth

Does that work? You don't need the dongle?
 
hoffstetter said:
Does that work? You don't need the dongle?

if bluetooth is built into your laptop (internal BT card) you dont need a dongle for a BT mouse, IMO that is really the only TRUE wireless solution.

also with your BT internal card you can have BT GPS, BT PDA, BT Phone all hooked up wirelessly, even if you dont have bluetooth, the BT dongles are smaller than RF dongles anyways, just look

Compareall.jpg
 
I have to admit it seems pretty neat but so far in all the time i've owned my laptop i've seen no reason to have a specialized notebook mouse.

I'm happy with my wired mouse, I just wrap the cord up and leave a small section out to reach the slide of my laptop (not far, USB ports are on the right side anyhow).

If you have a very small bag that mouse would be awesome though, I love how it all fits in one small package like that and the sensor instead of a wheel could be interesting. I'm glad to see innovation in the mouse market.
 
haha that's cool. I also have an acer with bluetooth and I've been wondering if I could bypass the dongle. Thanks.

This mouse is pretty cool though I definitely like the touchpad for a scroll wheel.
 
the v500 uses logitechs propietary 2.4ghz system (aka, mx700/1000)
so no. no bypassing the dongle (its TINY tho)
 
my friend and my friends dad has this mouse, it is nice for a mouse... but yeah, i spent like 10 dollars extra and got the Logitech® MX™1000 Laser Cordless Mouse. Wow... it is so nice... especially since im a gamer. I can not express to you how amazing this mouse feels
 
there is even a newer model that came out... crap. lol , its nice. :)
 
I use this mouse. It is pretty damn nice. The USB dongle is really small so it isn't much of an issue.
 
Back
Top